“Oh Dear! This restaurant has really gone down hill fast.”
Review of Pierre's

Pierre's
Ranked #37 of 331 Restaurants in Launceston
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Pierre's has been operating for more than 60 Years and is a true Launceston Icon. With many Awards and recognitions to its name, it is the perfect place for Breakfast lunch or Dinner. Bookings Highly Recommended !
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Went with the girls for a birthday lunch and had one of the worst dining experiences of my long life. The waitress forgot to put our order in and we waited for over an hour and a half for our food to arrive. One of us had to return to work and was given her Caesar salad in a take-away container, admittedly this was on the house. When our meals did finally arrive they were to say the least sub-standard. I had ordered casoulet, and I was presented with some pulled pork concoction with a piece of sausage the size of a small fingernail as the only concession to the dish's origin. The Caesar salad was without anchovies, which had been specifically requested, and the fish pie was watery and tasteless. Worst of all was the response when I complained of the standard when paying the bill. The manager half-heartedly apologised and told us to "have a good life". What kind of place is this? Oh yes, if you really want to be taken for a restaurant "ride", order the Italian sardines with slice of bread served in the tin for $20.

4  Thank Leonuccia

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I confess I am a Pierre's regular, however the latest incarnation of their creative menu is fantastic! Last week I tried the pasta crab en papillote - absolutely delightful. The Duck a la orange is divine and an old favorite remains - Steak Tatare with cognac. Keep up the fabulous and friendly service, and of course the wonderful food!

8  Thank Simon F
Reviewed July 17, 2013

It was a big surprise to find French style cafe/brasserie in the middle of Launceston.

Food was quite nice; fresh oysters, soups and, particularly, pierre's steak tartare... Not a big fun of raw meat, but that steak tartare was quite delicious. The appearance and atmosphere like in a traditional French brasserie.

A bit expensive place and may not be suitable for a regular dinner, but we had a really good time and would visit Pierre when next time in the town.

1  Thank Alexei B
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Started with a delightful 'french onion soup', followed up with a seafood hot-pot and finished with a cheeseboard selection of local delights. As a lunch venue, the atmosphere is casual and relaxed - unfortunately this also extends to the service (a little too casual at times). The food portions were barely adequate, but delightfully prepared: very tasty! The last Friday in June was not as much a buzz as the week before Christmas (my last visit) - but was an enjoyable occasion nonetheless.

1  Thank viewsxew
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Pierre's opened in 1956 and is the second oldest brasserie cafe in Australia. They installed the second only Italian expresso machine in Australia only hours after Pellegrinis in Melbourne had put theirs in. As a child in the early 70s my mother would take me there and I still enjoy going there to this day. In Launceston we have an abundance of good restaurants to choose from and Pierre's is near the top of the pack. The way they prepare their battered fish is second to none and it is always a beautiful meal. My wife and myself have never been disappointed with any visit we've had over the years. The place is simply delightful for lunch or dinner.

8  Thank Vince1090