“Romantic Night Out or Special Occasion?”
Review of Pierre's

Pierre's
Ranked #37 of 332 Restaurants in Launceston
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Pierre's has been operating for more than 60 Years and is a true Launceston Icon. With many Awards and recognitions to its name, it is the perfect place for Breakfast lunch or Dinner. Bookings Highly Recommended !
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My partner and I enjoyed a night out at this restuarant for our anniversary. The atmosphere was warm, embracing and inimate. It was an early booking so the welcome service was excellent. We began with an excellent bottle of Tasmanian sparking wine, warm olives and warm sourdough with butter. We were left to enjoy this at our leisure without hovering or interruption. I am always pleasantly surprised as a gluten free vegetarian when I am catered for on a menu, and this restuarant provided it all, gluten free vegeatarian and diary free, the dish I ordered was actually all three! Our main meal arrived, I ordered the Chargrilled vegetables on a bed on hommus and chickpea pastry, my partner ordered the proscutto wrapped chicken on a bed of broccollini and sugar peas. Both meals were divine, we could not fault them. By this stage the restuarant had become busier and as a former hospitality employee I must say I was dissapointed in the service when they let the huge faux pas occur, in that our champagne glasses were left empty for most of our main course till I finally poured the wine myself. This is my only complaint of the service and I do think that is a no no in a restuarnt of this calibre. I order the Creme Brulee and my partner order the chocolate dessert which promised to be divine. The desserts were no were near the quality of the main meal, we were both dissappointed in the desserts. But overall a very good dining experience with lovely staff when they are not too busy. I recommend going early or later in the evening.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere is lovely, service was good but the food was Very disappointing! Very limited entree list and our table of 4 were all unhappy with entree! The hot salmon entree had cold salmon, toast and sour cream, the mussels were tough and the sauce was sickly!

Chicken main was small and tasteless, the vege stack was bland and the eye fillet was ok but small with some shoestring fries and lettuce @ $40!

Cream brûlée was curled and was more like scrambled eggs....the first time my wife did not finish a desert in years

I expect a lot more for a $373 bill for 4 people when only 2 had desert

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is not the first time we've dined at Pierre's and it won't be the last. While not intending to be dismissive, Pierre's offers an overall good dining experience. If you dissect what's offered it seems a little understated, even cool and effortless, but this is what makes it worth coming back. It was a spur of the moment decision when we last went and left the booking rather late for a busy Saturday. Nevertheless a table was available but we were asked if we could come in a bit earlier than intended because they had a large party of 30+ in the function room. We were a bit apprehensive about the evening thinking that the service would struggle with these sorts of numbers and wondered what the atmosphere would be like. Any concerns we had were unfounded. Staff were welcoming on arrival and nicely attentive throughout the evening. The service, despite the number of covers, was excellent and best of all the large party in the function room did not mar the ambience of the restaurant. The menu is varied and reasonably interesting, well prepared and presented. It's not easy creating and maintaining a good experience, but Pierre's has managed this while making it look effortless - not easy to pull off.

7  Thank Viminalis
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Pierre's was a great meal. The service were attentive but not knowledgable. The ambience was nice, good mood ,for a special occasion for couple. Worth a try.

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Really friendly and efficient service, great menu choices. Food was beautifully presented and tasted great.

7  Thank Vanessa B