“Excellent food and service”

Novaro's Restaurant
Reserve with
Novaro's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 306 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Novaro's Italian Restaurant is located in the heart of Launceston. The intimate 32 seat restaurant has been established for 21 years. Chef Nicholas Hooper offers local seafood, try the Flinders Island greenlip abalone in truffle oil, game and meats on his extensive menu.
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Our last night in Launceston and after looking up restaurants on the internet we came across Novaro's. We didn't book but turned up fairly early at 6:15pm. By the time we left the restaurant on a Monday evening was buzzing. Pete and Sarah were run off their feet but they made everyone feel so welcome and certainly not neglected. The food was excellent. A wonderful location, a beautiful restaurant with such a cozy and intimate ambiance accompanied by excellent service. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Our compliments to the chef, Sarah's husband. A gem of a find and a great conclusion to the wonderful meals we have experienced during our stay in Tasmania.

• Visited July 2014
Nicholas H, Owner at Novaro's Restaurant, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Fiona,
Pete and I thank you for your comments here on Tripadviser! This was one of Pete's first nights in the restaurant, needless to say he is still here! We actually do like our jobs!
thanks again and we hope to see you again when you are next in Launceston!
Kind regards

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
“A lovely meal on cold wet night.”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were able to walk in and get a table on a cold, wet Friday night. The food was delicious, the service was good and we appreciated the complimentry serving of cauliflower soup. An unexpected treat!

Visited June 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Total delight for a mixed party in terms of age and nationality. Attentive service, superb decour. Food to die for, freshly cooked well prepared. A total delight.

Visited March 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Don't bother”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Extremely disappointing experience. The wine list was misleading and quite pricey. Ordered the "special" of the day, scallops. Food was rushed out as if we were having a pre-movie snack. Arrived looking like a bowl of cat food. Presentation was lacking in the extreme. Seated in a cramped hallway. My husband had a great view of the sous chef in the kitchen. I am well travelled and know the reputation of Tasmanian food but not this time! We have had some wonderful meals in Tasmania but this restaurant let us down badly.

• Visited June 2014
13 Thank Muttibear
Nicholas H, Owner at Novaro's Restaurant, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Muttibear,
I thank you for the time to review our restaurant, but I am bitterly disappointed with your comments.
It was clear to me on the evening of your experience you misunderstood the wine list pricing as you bought the particular problem to our attention. I might just quickly add that I have always written my wine list in the manner you clearly misunderstood, and for the 11 years I have been the co-owner of Novaro's Restaurant, I have never come across this problem. What I cannot understand is that you would have ever thought a standard glass of Billecarte Salmon (let alone any other wine) would be 375ml not the legal 100ml. I do not know of any country that would use that measurement for a standard glass...in fact if that was so, I am not sure any of us would be in business and we would certainly need larger glasses! Our list caters for all palates, if you were not prepared to pay $26.00 for a glass of French champagne, then I wonder why not choose the more inexpensive sparkling instead...it is all about choice.
I object to your comment that our food looked like cat food, to me that is just a knee jerk reaction and comment to your misunderstanding.
I wish you well in your future dining experiences.
Kind regards,
Launceston
“Fantastic food and service for a large group booking who were 1 hour late!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I booked dinner for a large group of work colleagues after completing a Launceston Ghost tour. Prior to the night I had great communication with the owner Sarah and the level of service was already outstanding. On the night the tour went over by an hour, I called the to let them know we were running late and everything from there end was fine. They welcomed us all warmly, seated us and looked to me for guidance on how I wanted to start the evening with the delay. Everything I asked for was done to an very high level, the meals and service were speedy and the food was to die for! Everyone went home very happy that night with very fully bellys.
Thank you for helping to make our night such a success!

Visited May 2014
Dear Melissa,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Novaro's Restaurant. We enjoyed hosting your group and hope to see you again in the future,
Kind regards,