“Excellent service, food and atmosphere”

Novaro's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 335 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Novaro's Italian Restaurant is located in the heart of Launceston. The intimate 32 seat restaurant has been established for 21 years. Chef Nicholas Hooper offers local seafood, try the Flinders Island greenlip abalone in truffle oil, game and meats on his extensive menu.
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The atmosphere of this Edwardian house was elegant and cosy. The service was friendly and accommodating. The food was authentic Italian and delicious. The seafood spaghetti was a standout - chargrilled fresh seafood, al dente pasta and sumptuous olive oil, with oysters as entree - fresh and delicious. And topped off with Limoncello at the end. Highly recommended for a special night out.

Nicholas H, Owner at Novaro's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear JulieC,
Nicholas and I thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We are happy to read you enjoyed your experience and hope to see you next time you are visiting! We appreciate your kind words and I have passed them onto the kitchen!
Many thanks again,
Kind regards,
Sarah

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Beautiful food in a great setting. Italian food showcasing great local produce. We have eaten there twice and loved each time. I rate it alongside the best restaurants in Sydney

Dear Richard and Lou,
Many thanks for taking the time to review Novaro's restaurant. It pleases me to read you enjoyed your experience, I am sorry it has taken me so long to thank you!
Kind regards and we hope to see you soon,
Sarah and Nicholas

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Food, service and atmosphere are perfect for an intimate dinner... Can not fault our visits, always happy.
Not cheap, bit worth every cent.

Dear Fortheloveofflavour!
I love the name!
Thank you ever so much for the review, we appreciate the positive feedback and will pass this onto the front of house staff and the kitchen boys! We look forward to seeing you soon,
Kind regards
Sarah and Nicholas

Reviewed April 12, 2014

On arrival we were seated at a table in a corridor next to the kitchen and near the toilet. We asked for another table and were seated in a gloomy corner of the restaurant. My partner had a view into the main dining area while I looked into a dark wall 2 meters away. We both enjoyed oysters for entree, while my partner had a nice duck dish for main and I had a prawn pasta dish.
While the food was good, our experience was let down by the total lack of
ambience in our gloomy corner. For two entrees, two main courses, 2 spirits and two glasses of red the cost was $171. A quality dining experience is more than just the food. We were in and out in an hour and would not return again. Wait staff were OK.

14  Thank Errolred
Nicholas H, Owner at Novaro's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review Novaro's Restaurant.
I am sorry you did not appreciate being moved on Saturday evening to the main dining room after making your reservation after 5:30pm on a busy night.
We arrange the seating in the restaurant according to when our customers book the table.
We acknowledged you were not happy with the arrangement and so changed the plan to suit YOU.
Our wait staff are more than just ok...we employ older, professional waiters, such a shame you felt let down, but sometimes the hoop is just not big enough for us to fit through.
Kind regards,
Sarah

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Went there with some friends. We go to Launceston about once per yaer. The food here is very good and the wine list good and reasonably priced. Try the seafood pasta - that got the biggest tick . Very cosy place