“excellent menu and venue.”

Novaro's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 332 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Novaro's Italian Restaurant is located in the heart of Launceston. The intimate 32 seat restaurant has been established for 21 years. Chef Nicholas Hooper offers local seafood, try the Flinders Island greenlip abalone in truffle oil, game and meats on his extensive menu.
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Enjoyed my meal, fancy food, obviously expensive. Great for a date if you want to impress. Downsides...A little cramped and unfortunately, with the front door of the property open, the was a blowfly buzzing around!!!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife and I headed out for a "date" night. We looked at a few other restaurants but could not go past Novaros.

The food was amazing as every - I thought my Spaghettini ai frutti di mare was amazing. Then I tasted my wife's dish - Filetto di manzi with Truffle butter. Good grief it was brilliant!! Look up Novaro's website for what these dishes entailed.

Service was it's usual brilliant level.

My wife and I are looking forward already to December when we'll go again for our wedding anniversary.

Nicholas H, Owner at Novaro's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Jason,
Nicholas and I thank you for taking the time to review Novaro's Restaurant. It is always good to catch up with you! We look forward to seeing you in December!
Sarah

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We went here quite late as our plan arrived in Launceston late.
We had an entree of the Scollops which was yum, basil tomato and boccinci salad, garlic bread and I had the 380gram (i can not remember exactly) steak which was cooked perfect and I am very fussy with streak. We would not go here every night because of the price but the food, atmosphere and staff were all great. Recommend a visit.

2  Thank PatnLeah

Dear PatnLeah,
Thank you for giving our restaurant such a glowing review, we appreciate the time it takes to contribute to this site. I have passed you kind words onto our team.
Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon,
Sarah and Nicholas

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This restaurant claims to be among the best, and is top priced, so our rating is lower than usual as when you pay this price you expect great things. The chairs were uncomfortable and need repadding, the table was in a thoroughfare. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and the entree of scallops was one of the very nicest dishes I have ever enjoyed. The main spaghetti with seafood was very very oily, about 3 tablespoons swimming in the bottom of the plate. The water is not left on the table but served, and on a busy night this easily falls behind, as it did with us. The dessert was not as described missing the 'fairy floss' element. All in all it was a lovely evening and the meal was fine..but not at the top level this restaurant claims.

9  Thank tassiestourers
Nicholas H, Owner at Novaro's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Tassietourers,
Nicholas and I thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you did not sit in comfort on the evening of your attendance, and I will be sure to check the chairs for padding.
We, here at Novaro's Restaurant do not "claim" to be "one of the best" in any way , shape or form. The only control of this site we have is in the form of this response as I am sure you are aware.
Sarah

Reviewed October 12, 2013

My friend had been to a great Italian restaurant 7 years ago and had the best steak ever. How lucky that not far from our hotel we found the same one - Navaros. The prices looked a bit more than our budget, but we decided to celebrate our last night in Tasmania and were not disappointed. The owners Sarah and Nicholas were very pleasant, table service was as required, no one hounding or ignoring you. According to my friend, the steak was brilliant. I myself had to try the abalone dish, (I had tried Abalone 30 years ago). It was wOnDeRfUl !!! Thin slices in a cream sauce with angle hair pasta. I savoured each mouthful. The local Tasmanian wine was top shelf.

1  Thank Judi K