“Exceptional, I'm in love”

Me Wah Restaurant Launceston
Ranked #16 of 314 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2014

It doesn't matter if it is a group of 2 or 10, food and service is always exceptional and most importantly consistently good. Special occasion or just a bite to eat, great value for money, food is outstanding. Really tasty wine list too. I'm in love.

Stanley T, Manager at Me Wah Restaurant Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you D B for your review and the pleasure is all ours.

We look forward seeing you again in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Me Wah Restaurant Launceston

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I would not have ordered abalone if I knew they served canned ones, no self respecting chinese restaurant would do that. I had reservation about the hygiene standards of this upmarket restaurant too … of the 16 days in tasmania eating all kinds of food i didn't have diarrhea except immediately after my dinner here at me wah. Luckily launceston was a pretty small town i was able to get back to the hotel in time. it's very nicely decorated, the waiters were pretty efficient and courteous, please do something about food and hygiene standards.

4  Thank Joseph G

Dear Joseph G

We are regrettable to hear of your recent experience at the Me Wah Restaurant in Launceston.

Further to your comment in relation to us serving canned abalone, please be assured we only source fresh Tasmania abalones. It is also noted that fresh Tasmania abalone may differ in favor to traditional dry abalones sourced internationally.

As you mentioned you were unwell immediately after dinner, may we suggest that there may be other factors contributing to the timing of you being unwell. We take utmost care in providing a clean and safe environment and ensure hygiene is well maintained throughout the restaurant.

We thank you for your time in providing us with your feedback.

Kind regards
Stanley Tso

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We orders the Moretonbay bugs and blue crab dumplings in pork broth with red vinegar and ginger dipping sauce for starters, when they came there was no bok choy the or on the the bugs and they were battered ( not as the menu said), the crab dumplings came on a plate dry and no pork broth or ginger dipping sauce, we spoke to the waiter who said no sir that's how it comes, we decided to let it go and just enjoy our mains... The lemon chicken that we ordered was great prob the best we ever had, I order the ying yang duck if you check the menu out it tells you how it comes, well I had no vegetables apart from a slither of bok choy the duck was definitely not oven roasted as the skin was slimy and soft as if microwaved and was watery with no taste, there was no bbq pork and a piece of chicken and beef about an inch long each and wafer thin and no oyster sauce, the deluxe fried rice had no chicken, no bbq pork or shallots as on menu it was full of time y diced carrots and the're was about 5 cooking prawns no taste at all, we told the waiter after waiting about ten minutes who said he would get the manager who never came. We went to pay the bill and the girls complained about not getting tips,we decided not to stay and wait as the service had gone from being great to not interested when we said something, we also decided not to put a comment on here feeling if we spoke to the manager the next day he would have mire time and try to sort it.... How wrong was I I spoke with the manager at 11 am the next morning and his attitude was a disgrace, he told me he wasn't interest we should have asked for him on the night, strange cause I didn't know UNTILL the telephone conversation he was the actual waiter we complained too. Is it false selling??? I'm nit sure if you ask for a cheese and ham toasted sandwich in a cafe as on there menu and get just cheese are you in the right to complain orcordercand eye fillet steak with chip and salad and you get rump steak with veg is that ok. I think there must be a law to advertising a product and getting something else and refusing to rectify it is illegal?? don't go there we had 2 mineral waters and what I said above for. $125 hmmmm notches we ordered

4  Thank Varikia
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Fantastic fresh Chinese food with some interesting twists, e.g. Duck San Choy Bau. Smallish so make sure you book. Has a great wine list and the service is amazing.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Decided to dine here with our parents on New Years Eve. We chose the Silk Banquet. It was absolutely beautiful, we couldn't fault the food taste and presentation. Far from the typical battered fare drowing in either excessively sweet or salty sauce, this had a lovely balance of flavours throughout the dishes - from the fresh flavours of lemongrass with the baby lamb chop, to the sweeter peking chicken, peppery eye fillet and the rich flavour of the vegetarian hokkien. Finished off with an impressive bombe alaska, flambè with Sambuca. Although serving sizes were on the small side, we found that we were quite full due to there being 5 courses. We all disagreed over which was the best course - a good sign! Service was attentive but not intrusive. The wine list was comprehensive, a little pricey. Overall I would say that it is quite expensive, but for the service and the quality of the food - we all agreed that it was well worth it.