“Delicious delicious delicious!”

Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
“Delicious delicious delicious!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoy me wah and would go alt more often if it was more affordable. In saying that every time I go to any other Asian restaurant in Launceston I wish I just paid the extra. Keep up the good work Me Wah!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
brighton tas
“work dinner”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

we had a work dinner the service and food were great would recommend it to all. the drinks menu was extensive as well love the moet

Visited March 2013
Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
“60th birthday”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had my 60th birthday dinner with my family,it was such a success with the high level of service and delicious meals.I was amazed at the little time with so many of us that it took to get our meals.Absolutely recommend this resteraunt.Thankyou for a perfect night.

Launceston, Australia
“Delicious and a great experience”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I came for dinner last Friday night with 2 friends and it has got to be the best Chinese food I have ever eaten - anywhere. Not only that the service and the atmosphere are elegant and combine to make an old world charm that seems to have disappeared elsewhere. I loved it and it makes for a special evening. The crispy skin duck was just the best thing I have ever tasted. Absolutely out of this world. We shared this and also the eggplant with chicken dish and this was mouth watering. The rice was perfect, and the green vegetable we had, not bok choy but some other type of vegetable, was so fresh and delicious we could have eaten two platesful easily. Oh we all had soup too. I had the hot and sour and it was divine. I took home the tiny bit I could not eat because the serving was so big, as I could not bear to waste it. The Chinese tea was absolutely fabulous quality. Heavens, I am spoiled now. Even Chinese food in Asia is not this good. THANK YOU!! I have been telling everyone. I think the modern trend is for the staff of a restaurant to act important and as though they are so busy and this and that etc. But in this restaurant the attention is entirely on you the patron, and making your entire experience memorable. This is a huge advantage for the Me Wah over many other dining places.

AUSTRALIA
“Not your average Chinese....”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Having eaten at All Launceston has to offer in the way of a feed of Chinese tucker, let me make this observation for my fellow would be diners.

If you just want a cheap feed and really casual surrounds then my advice would be to go and see Suzzy at the Hoong Fat Chinese restaurant down near the Penny Royal in Brisbane street,

The food there is very yummy and you can help yoursef to seconds if you wish, all at an affordable price, Great for families and students and good value for money.

But, you get what you pay for!!

The other end of the scale is the Me Wah Restauraunt,

Linen table cloths and Linen Napkins
Water which is served as your glass empties, and ALWAYS cold,
Quality ingredients, not only in the cuts of meat but the vegetables used,
Good quality utensils, and Glassware.
A wine list bettered only by the OTHER Me Wah Restaurant in Sandy bay,
Wait staff that are ALWAYS attentive and friendly

and finally the Food,
People have said in other reviews that the Me Wah is expensive.

Let me assure you that you can pay more per meal, for far less Quality at another Chinese restaurant in Launceston, Believe me, We did only a couple of weeks ago.

You pay for what you get at the Me Wah,
and for our experience over 20 years, we will be back........

I only Wish They would go back to doing a Weekend Yum Cha, it was sooooooo good.
They still do it in Sandy bay and is worth the trip.....

1 Thank SLACKESTBLADDER