“Great service, excellent food”
Review of JailHouse Grill

JailHouse Grill
Ranked #10 of 316 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We are always edgy about taking friends to restaurants we think are good, but the Jail House Grill didn't let us down. Great service, fabulous food and great value for money..what more could you ask? It's family friendly without the annoyance of badly behaved young ones, maybe it's the ambience - they are in jail after all!!

2  Thank drenas

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Great steak but unfortunately I don't eat steak... I should be able to go out and enjoy something other than steak.
I went with my partner on a Tuesday night, he had a MR 650g rump and he said it was delicious, maybe a little under cooked in the thicker bits but my goodness it was huge. I ordered the Caribbean chicken.... and it came out uncooked. I cut into it and it wasn't just pink in the middle! It was just white around the edge and really really raw in the middle. I saw a few other people around say they had the wrong things or it wasn't right, so not sure what was wrong with the chefs as when I got my new plate of chicken (I'd previously ordered chips instead of potatoes) it came with potatoes... but I would like to commend the waiter on his fine service (I think his name was George???) he took my chicken back and kept updating me how far away it was and checked with me that it was cooked the second time around, nothing was too much trouble. So thankyou.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Nice restaurant with friendly staff. The all you can eat salad bar was both fresh and tasty. I ordered the cajun salmon which was cooked perfectly. Would definately go back!

1  Thank Sarahlu_1
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Travelling as a group of 8 we showed up at the pub for lunch at 2pm on a Sunday only to be told that "tha kitchins clooosed" shockers... then we walked one block and found Jail House Grill - what a complete contrast - friendly, the girl that received us was great, no problem at all - basically working on her own she out did herself for us - food was great - mix of meat cuts that were all excellent. Cold beer, wine and a great steak - nothing complicated - I'll be back.

2  Thank Simon H
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great place to eat, very well priced, salad and vege bar has a great selection with a number of condiments to accompany your meal, fast & friendly service , and a must try is the gluten free mud cake yummy, steaks come in size,s to suit everyone.

1  Thank jodylee2006