“Hallams is our "go to" restaurant if we are looking for superb food and excellent service.”

Hallam's Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 323 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We returned to Hallams for another family celebration, and I wasn't disappointed. We love the fresh Tasmanian seafood menu that reflects the seasonal changes, as well as the friendly professional service. I particularly love the amazing selection of shell fish dishes on offer, and there is uasually something new on the menu everytime we go. If you are looking for delicious food, and terrific table service( at a reasonable price) then give Hallams a try, you wont regret it!

1  Thank mandi67_12

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Monday Lunch table for six, the restaurant was very quite quiet with only four tables of diners present, the food was excellent, but the arrival of our orders for entree and mains was painfully slow.
Think that being charged $5 for the minute 'loaf' was expensive. We didn't another long wait for dessert so had coffee, the dining experience took two hours so don't come here if you are time dependent!

1  Thank lolopom0
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Hallam's has a nice atmosphere and a great location, but the food was overpriced and not all that good. A dozen oysters with a bland horseradish sauce and salmon eggs was $34. An uninspired side salad was $9 and an OK dessert was $15. For the money, this restaurant should do a better job with the menu.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The good reviews on tripadvisor encouraged us to attend but the experience was mediocre at best. The staff were cold and disinterested. When arriving at the restaurant, the staff milled around ignoring us. After being seated, we didn't even get a menu and had to go and fetch it ourselves. We even had to ask 3 times for a recommendation on the wine.

Putting the service aside, the food was reasonable but certainly not worth the prices that they charged. The much vaunted view was practically absent.

The restaurant is ok but it is way over-hyped on tripadvisor. Save your money and go elsewhere!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

After reading the reviews from others on trip advisor I was really looking forward to trying the seafood here. When we arrived they were fairly busy so it took awhile to get our drink orders. Also there was only one person taking food orders, so that took even longer which had me a tad worried since when I booked I was told that we needed to be out of there by 8pm as they had a later booking (our reservation was for 6.30pm).

I order the seafood platter for one which comes with both cold and hot seafood. The oysters were lovely and really fresh, however my cold prawns were not cooked. I took the heads off and it was still very slimy. I alerted the waitress who took my whole plate away and later came back with my same plate minus the prawns. She didn't offer any explanation except to say that they will bring out some new prawns, which they did - battered and deep fried - so not the same as the original steamed prawns. She was not very apologetic and when I spoke with the manager neither was she. I was really disappointed with the manager's response who didn't seem to care and even told me "you can't get sick from eating raw prawns".

Overall I have given this a poor rating because I didn't enjoy the experience, although they do offer fresh seafood.