“Disappointed”

Dynasty Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 304 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hobart, Australia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Ive earn here many times and was very disappointed this time. I ordered chicken with ginger & shallots while my partner order Cantonese beef. My waitress didn't want to be there, and my dish came out floating in oil. I had a few mouthfuls and couldn't eat it. The beef was tasty but the oil turned me off. To their credit they didn't charge me for my dish but tonight just very underwhelming.

• Visited March 2014
5 Thank Charlie B

• Indonesian first
Hobart, Australia
“Beautiful food in great atmoshpere and surroundings”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

On a recent trip to Launceston we found this restaurant and decided to try our luck without a reservation... We were delighted that they could find a table for us without notice . Staff were friendly, the service was fast and efficient and the food was devine. It was fresh and the flavours and combinations and portion sizes were abundant. I would recommend the tasters banquet as being a true indication of what is on offer. Portion sizes are very generous and well worth the price..
This is real food, real flavours, and real old fashioned service. It was a delightful experience and we cant wait to return again .

• Visited February 2014
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Classic Chinese cuisine!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Ohhh yum! This is Chinese food like you remember from the 80s - but without being totally tragic, of course. The decor is amazing, and certainly a lot of effort has been put into it. The menu is extensive and far too many tasty sounding dishes to choose from. The food came out fast, the service was very good, and the food was great. Great family place, and for casual dining. We will definitely be back next time we're in Launceston!

• Visited December 2013
“Very expensive”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I have never see a fried noodle cost over $26 before!! A lunch special single serve noodle $19.90...
We ordered a mushroom and steam duck and a seafood clay pot.

Taste were ok nunthing too special..
Service and deco was good. But not for the price tag

6 Thank Ramau
Wodonga, Victoria, Australia
“Yummo!!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We had gotten off the boat and driven to Launceston, had no idea what or if anything would be open. We saw Dynasty Chinese as we were driving past so we stopped and ordered take away. The staff were wonderful and very friendly, the food was ready very quick, even though the restaurant was busy. The chicken and sweet corn soup was so tasty, we also got spring rolls, special fried rice, honey chicken and pork in plum sauce. I am very fussy about my Chinese, but the food from here was just Devine. If we get a chance we will try to dine in before going home.

Visited January 2014