Quality Hotel Colonial Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$86
$67
$62
Official Site
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $70/night.

Peppers Seaport Hotel(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$126
  • Restaurant
Country Club Tasmania(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$109
$106
Best Western Plus Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$79
$77
  • Restaurant
Village Family Motor Inn(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$84
$81
Clarion Hotel City Park Grand(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$104
$87
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

Quest Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$106
$87
Mantra Charles Hotel(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$85
$82
  • Restaurant
The Sebel Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$132
$122
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprivate hotelformer conventcataract gorgemanager jamescommunal balconylovely old buildingnice cafeboutique hotelguest loungeexecutive suitemini barspa roomcity view roomtop floorgreat bathroomsitting roommod cons
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We were lucky enough to get a last minute room at the Audlington for only $100 per night. The bathroom was 5 star, including a beautiful deep bath, and the bed very comfortable. It is very close to Cataract Gorge and not far to walk into the city or to Seaport.
At the price we paid I thought the accomodation was great value, I think we were staying in a Deluxe bathroom suite.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shannon W
Reviewed October 4, 2011

It is difficult to fine fault with Auldington House as a place to stay. The room was lovely and very clean with a lovely outlook. The bathroom was excellent and spotless. The only flaw I found with this accommodation was the staff. The two people we dealt with were not rude however there was very much a lack of warmth and we did not feel welcomed by them. They certainy gave us all the information we needed but it was not with a smile and it felt as though they were just going through the motions. Was also taken aback at the charge of $5 to park in the carpark. Of course this is not a lot of money, however given it was on their grounds I did not understand why there was a charge. Without an explanation it felt as though it was just an opportunity for them to get a bit of extra cash.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EMcMMelbourne
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We stayed at this lovely converted convent in June this year. The Auldington is located just on the edge of town, although an easy walk into town. The room was modern, spacious and spotlessly clean. We had a city view room, which had views over Launceston, and a fabulous big, deep bath. We booked through wotif.com, which offered the room at a great price. The little cafe down the street, Cuccino, is a popular spot for a yummy weekend breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katiekeating
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I have travelled several times to Launceston and stayed in quiet a few hotel/motels. By far the best has to be the Auldington. I walked through those main doors and leave the worries of the world behind me. I find it increadably peaceful and an absolute delight. The rooms are large and very comfortable and exceptionally clean The staff are always helpful, I now only stay at the Auldington when staying at Launceston as it is my favourite.

Room Tip: I fgind the upstair rooms great because of the view from the large balconies, as I take out a coffee and sit and watch the city below me
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I travel to tasmania on Buisiness 6 times a year and always look forward to my stay at the Auldington in Launceston over any other hotel/motel in Tasmania.
The rooms are some of the largest I've stayed in, including the bathroom, and very clean, and the hotel is located in its own very quiet location (Yet still within walking distance of the city center). Balconies whether private or communal (depending on your room) are a realaxing place to sit after a hetic day, and look out over the launceston skyscape.
The young staff there are extremelly pleasent and helpful, and though it is a minor point, their contential breakfasts (including fresh fruit, yoghut, crossiont, ceral etc) are a great extrae, and nice way to start the day.

The lovely "old Building" must have great solid internal walls, as I have yet to experence disturbances from other guests.

All in all an extremely pleasent experence. A+++++

Room Tip: In Summer ask for a room with the private balcony
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business