“Do not stay here!!!!”

City Park Apartments
Canberra Australia
“Do not stay here!!!!”
Reviewed January 2, 2007

Under no circumstances stay at this motel! I am not fussy when it comes to accomodation, I travel a lot and am quite happy with clean simple accomodation - but I drew the line at this place. Within 2 minutes of entering the room, I marched downstairs and demanded my money back (thankfully we did find somewhere else to stay). The 'couch' in the lounge room was an old piece of foam, with a dirty cover on it, the tv tiny and ancient, the whole unit smelled of old smoke, the bed was very old and not clean, but then I walked into the bathroom and an overpowering smell of unrine hit me in the face- thats the moment I turned around and walked out.

There is a reason this place is cheap. I completely recommed paying a few extra dollars to stay somewhere clean. Keep your distance from this place!!!

• Stayed March 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank tastefortravelling
Traveller2120, Manager at City Park Apartments, responded to this review, January 15, 2007
It is disappointing that "tastefor travelling" had a negative experience at our property. I will be the first to agree that the property back in March 2006 was in a tired state, but to suggest that the lounge consisted of an old piece of foam is stretching the bounds of reality a bit far. The owners of the property have spent $1/4 million so far renovating 10 rooms and the remaining 15 will be completed by August 2007. We have new beds and linen in every room and YES new lounges in most rooms (balance arrive next week)
It is also disappointing that the author took 9 months to post their comment, in which time the property has undergone some amazing transformations. I would assume that they were having a bad day, and that their experience has been playing on their minds for that period.
We are a property of 25 fully self contained apartments (1,2 and 3 bedroom apartments) overlooking the beautiful City Park.
I am confident that, as the property that sells more 3 star rooms than any other through Wotif in Tasmania (over the previous 12 month period), the negative comment was an isolated event... Try us for yourself I personally promise that you wont be disappointed.
Ross Milner.

Travelers are raving about these Launceston hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Travelers also viewed these Launceston hotels
Hotel Launceston
Adina Place City View Apartments
Parklane Motel
Parklane Motel
#28 of 30 in Launceston

Been to City Park Apartments? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about City Park Apartments

Property: City Park Apartments
Address: 7 Brisbane St, Launceston, Tasmania 7250, Australia (Formerly North Lodge Apartments)
Location: Australia > Tasmania > Launceston
Ranked #22 of 28 Specialty Lodging in Launceston
Hotel Class:3.5 star — City Park Apartments 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your City Park Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
City Park Apartments Launceston, Tasmania