“Mecure Launceston”

Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Melbourne
“Mecure Launceston”
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Good location in Launceston , efficient and friendly staff, clean and well equiped rooms

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Recently stayed at this hotel and I maybe they have had a change in management since some of these older comments because I thought the place was brilliant. Location was excellent, right in town and handy to everything but the thing that impressed me most were the staff. All very friendly and helpful. We too enjoyed a cold beer in the Tram in their bar area which was pretty unique, also ran into the Hotel Manager who was handing around free nibbles which I thought was a nice touch, was good to actually see the people in charge out there, you don’t really get that in the cities, had a good chat to him about Boags and some of their specialized beers, which is actually just up the road and well worth a visit if you have a couple of hours free. Certainly would recommend this hotel rooms are clean and comfortable and was an enjoyable visit, we will be back thank you.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
MercureLauncestonGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, November 25, 2010
Dear AndyOaks

Great to hear you made it to the Boags Brewery, I hope you got to sample the Wizard Smith!. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others. We are very proud of the team we have at the hotel, and I will be sharing your comments with them. I look welcoming you back next time you visit Launceston.

Aussie
Reviewed November 18, 2010

We had read the reviews with mixed reactions, so on arrival we were pleasantly surprised at the friendly check in chick and the efficiency of the same lady. Our room was comfortable, as was the bathroom. We had an issue with the shower head and told the reception lady the next day, no big deal. The tea and coffee selection was nice in the room, great selection. The location of the Hotel is great close to the city centre we enjoyed the walk. The Bar was quirky with the tram car, we enjoyed a few quiet drinks. Snappers Restaurant is totally amazing we ate while we stayed at the Hotel and returned a week later when we stayed at another hotel. Each visit the fool was exceptional, staff were very friendly and enjoyed the chats. The local wine served was also nice. We would recommend this hotel for the great Restaurant and location.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
MercureLauncestonGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, November 21, 2010
Dear Lindy Aussie

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Mercure Launceston with fellow travelers.

It was wonderful to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Our tram all be it quirky is indeed a great place to enjoy a few quite cocktails. I was also delighted to read about your experience in Snappers as we have just appointed a new Executive Chef who arrived from Melbourne last month bringing with him a wealth of experience and knowledge. We are very excited about the quality of food now being provided in Snappers.

I thank you again for your feedback and I will be sharing it with our team.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 18, 2010

needs to be brought into the 21st century urgently! Breakfast food just was not fresh at all. Cereals, pastries, fruits were days old? Sorry, but I have much better breakfasts at home. I did not dare have the hot breakfast or tried to go to your restaurant in the evening. Only the location was excellent , very central to everything in Launceston.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Accor.com traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Mercure Launceston through Trip Advisor. I was dissapointed to learn of your experience at breakfast. I have just come from the restaurant and checked all of the cereals on the buffet. I did find one cereal that wasn't as fresh as it should be and this has since been replaced. I do appologise for this oversight and thank you for bringing it to our attention. In relation the the fruits and pastries please be assured these are fresh, the pastries and muffins are baked by our chefs each daily and the fruits are all sourced from local suppliers in Launceston, we strive to use local produce when ever possible.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back next time you visit Launceston.

Darren Pike

Travelers are raving about these Launceston hotels

melbourne
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Checkin night staff did not refer to booking via APVC and put me in standard room at higher rate.
I noticed this the next morning when i referred to by voucher. Day staff understood the error and advised there would be a reduction of my room rate for their error.. Not sure if this occurred

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
MercureLauncestonGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, November 23, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Mercure Launceston.

Our apologies for any confusion in relation to your reservation on arrival, I was pleased to read that the team were able to resolve the error the following day but noted you weren't sure if the reduction occurred or not. I would be more than happy to check this for you and can be contacted at the hotel

From you ratings of the other aspects of your stay It would appear that other aspects of your stay were enjoyable and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.