“Good Location and comfy bed”

Best Western Plus Launceston
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Burnie, Australia
“Good Location and comfy bed”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The only HUGE problem was that the key cards did not work efficiently. One did not work at all and the other one had to be put in and out about 20 times at varying speeds before it would work, every single time. SO if you want to get into your room quickly then this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a remodelled room, but make sure the key works.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Leon W, Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Tracey P

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston.

I do apologize that your key didn’t work, I have arranged for all locks in the Hotel to have their sensors cleaned.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Kind regards,

Leon Wood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

No complaints from us although the rooms will be better when refurbishment is completed.
Price was reasonable so we were satisfied with our choice. Parking for guests at $6.00 per night seems a bit of a bad choice. I'm sure most patrons would rather pay $10.00 extra per night and be offered "free" parking.
My pet hate is extra for car parking.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mark C

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel, I have made a note about the car parking and will be offering a package that includes car parking moving forward.

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed July 10, 2014

When a client told me that they had booked this hotel for a business trip to Launceston I was not expecting very much (in fact I was expecting an out of date motel with ghastly bedspreads) and I have to say I was nicely surprised by how modern the hotel was. I am not sure what some of the more negative reviews are about - it is a Best Western after all and not a top of the line hotel group but it was modern and the bed seemed new and was very comfortable.
I had a king size room on level 5 and it was all up to date. Typical hotel room - bath in shower but all clean and nicely presented. Unlike some of the other more expensive hotels I have stayed at in Launceston they offer free Wi-Fi which I think is fantastic. If you want to be in the town area it is also in a great central location.
The only down side is having to pay $6 for parking - I think if I am a guest this should free.
I had room service for breakfast which arrived on time - lovely breakfast - my only complaint is my coffee I ordered (as the room option was only instant - yuck) went cold pretty fast and there was no way to heat it up. If they wanted to take the next step in service it would be great if they had plunger coffee in the room.
Overall a good stay with happy and helpful staff on reception. I would stay here again.
I used one of the meeting rooms for a presentation and the room was a good size for 20 plus.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank SuziiW
Dear SuziiW

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and you found the Hotel a nice surprise. We are in the process of finishing off the first stage of our refurbishment and the bathrooms will be completed next year. I am also awaiting on new espresso machines to be delivered and installed on the 5th floor.

But we will look at your idea of installing a plunger coffee in the room.

Kind regards,

Launceston
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Great hotel to stay. Staff very helpful & accommodating. Room was neat
Value for money.

However the hotel was close to all teh shops & eating places but litte out of the way from UTAS.

Buffet breakfast was the same every morning - no variety

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Reena P

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and you found the Hotel a "Great hotel to stay. Staff very helpful & accommodating. Room was neat and Value for money".

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed at this hotel as we could not get a room at the Sebel which we had previously stayed at in Launceston. When we arrived at the Best Western we had to move rooms three times before they got it right. We asked for a queen room yet they kept sending us to a triple room (extra bed). The rooms were already quite small so having that extra bed meant we could hardly move around in there. So after the fourth time up and down to reception we were finally in the right room - was hoping for an upgrade after all that but received nothing - not even a voucher for a drink or two or even dinner on them!

Bathroom too small and outdated. Breakfast nothing special either. Pastries were not fresh which was disappointing.

Credit to the young receptionist on during the day. She was very polite and helpful which was lovely.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Brini A

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience in our New rooms

kind regards,

Leon Wood.
Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We purchased two nights here as a part of a 4.5 star wotif mystery deal. I honestly think that the 4.5 stars might be self-rated, as it doesn't even compare with real 4.5 star hotels we've stayed in. The accommodation is neat, clean and functional, but very basic. Close to everything, located in the heart of Launceston. Breakfast not included in room rate. A good hotel if you're looking for basic accommodation.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Franca L

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston and writing a review

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and you found the Hotel “accommodation neat, clean and functional" I am pleased to note that we are accredited by AAA rating.

We are in the process of finishing off our refurbishment, but it sounds like you received one of the non-refurbished rooms.
I do hope you will come back and see us again soon, so that we can show the improvements that we have made.

Devonport, Tasmania
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stay in hotels regularly as a couple and like a nice room, we had reservations about staying here initially but once we walked in we were both very happy. We had a Superior King room and it was lovely, everything you need and free WIFI. Staff were lovely and the service was good. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Leon W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Sharon B

Thank you for staying at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel.
We look forward to seeing you back at the Hotel soon.