“Service and food great”

Best Western Plus Launceston
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
“Service and food great”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

A pleasant stay and enjoyedn the supper and breakfast.
Parking is a real problem and arriving late made it worse, having to park away from the hotel and then be back to the vehicle by 8.10 am Sunday morning made it difficult to enjoy breakfast!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were disappointed to have a room with a view of a brick wall, rooms were very dated and shower didn't get hot enough with terrible pressure. The television picture quality was dreadful and noise from the street carried straight through the windows. On the other hand staff were very friendly and it is situated right in the CBD, however you must pay for your own parking

• Stayed March 2013
MercureLauncestonGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Gee21,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Mercure Launceston, I am sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations.

As a city centre property we believe that we offer great value for money and fantastic city or mountain views from our higher floor rooms (dependent upon which side of the hotel you stay on). I am sorry to read that you were disturbed by street noise during your stay and subject to availability our 24 hour Reception Team are happy to re-locate guests to alternative rooms and also assist in rectifying problems such as poor picture quality on a television.

On a positive note I am happy that you found the Team very friendly and helpful.

Next time you are traveling to Launceston Gee21 I hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to serve you better in the future after which you will be happy to recommend the hotel to your family and friends. please do not hesitate to contact me direct and I will be happy to make a reservation for you personally.

Best Regards,

Paul Morton
h6331-gm01@mercurelaunceston.com.au
Albury, Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Over all a good stay. Even though the clerk checking me in did not arrange my parking at my booked request, I incurred a "parking ticket", which the day clerk appologised for and then gave me free parking. A good make up but it should not of happened for the money you pay to stay there. Otherwise a good stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

MercureLauncestonGM, Executive Housekeeper at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear mickre,

On behalf of the team at Mercure Launceston I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us……I am glad that we were able to help with the parking and look forward to welcoming you back to Launceston in the future.

Kind Regards
Julie McGee
Executive Housekeeper
BRISBANE
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have traveled and stayed in many Hotels around the world , and being a Accor Advantage Plus Member, I wad very disappointed. NO Air Condition, Broken Buttons on the water cooler. The Rooms were VERY HOT. Paying for parking when you are a guest,usually you are met at the front door and your car is parked for you,no charge. Expensive for what I would consider Basic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

MercureLauncestonGM, Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear 534daisy,

Thank you for your recent trip advisor post, following your stay at Mercure Launceston.

I'm sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations on this occasion. In Launceston this summer we have experienced very hot temperatures and while we do have some rooms fitted with air conditioning units, other rooms are supplied with coolers and fans. I'm sorry that you experienced difficulties with your cooling unit.

Unfortunately the car park located at the rear of the hotel is not owned by the hotel itself, this is a public carpark and hence the need for parking fees. For hotel guests however, we are able to offer substantial savings on parking fees.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope that we can better accommodation your needs in the future should you wish to stay with Mercure Launceston again.

Warm Regards,

Sarah Ambrose
Food & Beverage Manager
Nice, France
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very friendly staff. Room sadly tired and dated, big stains on carpet and views of carpark! Extra charge for car parking. At $260 per night what a rip off, avoid at all cost! Extra 1.5% charge for all credit cards.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gillian H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Mercure Launceston, I am sorry that the room did not live up to your expectations.

I will share your comments with the Team regarding their great service during your stay, thank you for the feedback.

We are constantly working to update our series and facilities and I would like to share with you that the hotel is currently deep cleaning a number of carpets in rooms where marks have been identified and I am sorry that this had not occurred in your room in time for your stay.

I was disappointed to read that you would not recommend the hotel to others and I would welcome you to contact me if you are traveling to Launceston in the future in order for you to restore your faith in the hotel.

Best Regards,

Paul Morton
h6331-gm01@mercurelaunceston.com.au

Travelers are raving about these Launceston hotels

Bacchus Marsh Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The contrast between Mercure Hobart and Mercure Launceston could not be more stark if it tried.
Friendly staff who were extremely co-operative with the parking of our 19 classic sports cars by allocating us a designated area. Rooms and neat and tidy. Tram Bar is a bit of a novelty.
We had a 3 course set meal not in Schnappers but in a private dining area. Have to say that it was not as good as our Tasman Restaurant experience at the Grand Chancellor Hobart despite being two dollars dearer.
Another hotel on my travels where the F and B Manager needs to discover that good wines come from regions e.g.Clare Valley for Riesling, Barossa Valley for Shiraz, Coonawarra for Cabernet Sauvignon, Margaret River for Semillon/Sauvignon Blanc blends, Cabernet Merlot etc. and to have Jacob's Creek at $38.00 and Plantagenet Hazard Hill Shiraz for $42.00 demonstrates that they have not got a handle on things. And not to have any Tamar Riesling in stock was another thing I found hard to believe.

Breakfast next day was good. With a bit of a cut and polish in the F and B side of things stay would have been even better but have to say overall they do it well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
MercureLauncestonGM, Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Noddy47,

Thank you for taking the time to write a trip advisor post following your recent stay at Mercure Launceston.

It was our pleasure to accommodate you and the rest of your car club during your stay in Launceston.

I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy the special 3 course dinner menu or wine list designed for your group; feedback that we received on the night was very positive.

I assure you that time was certainly taken to communicate back and forth on the menu options with members of your car club, to ensure that a high standard and good variety of meals were available to choose from.

Wine can be a very subjective choice & as such we had a very hard decision to make in selecting the Tasmanian wines, interstate wines and house wines, in an attempt to offer a variety of prices to suit as many of our guests as possible.

I am glad that you were able to enjoy our Tram Bar, boasting an original 1911 Launceston Tram. We certainly take pride in offering such a unique piece of history to our bar. Thank you also for your comments regarding our friendly hotel team, I will be sure to forward all of your feedback onto our team.

Once again, we appreciate your comments and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you and the rest of the car club back to Mercure Launceston in the near future.

Warm Regards,