“Enjoyed our stay”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Launceston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 9, 2013

what a poor door lock and system on my room. A stranger ( woman) was came into our room at mid-nite, but we surely locked the door before sleep, it's totally the fault of the door lock accidently , but the hotel-management just blame us had no door lock properly before sleep, what a shame !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
MercureLauncestonGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear LCM45,

I am disappointed that you have shared your experience on a public forum when I have previously conducted an internal investigation and shared the hotel report on this incident with you.

I would like to assure you that my resulting email was not meant to cause offence nor apportion any blame; it appears that this has not been the way in which it has been received.

I would also like to re-iterate that I am truly sorry that you were disturbed whilst you were sleeping and assure you that this is the first occasion that this has occurred at Mercure Launceston.

The lock system, the door handle and the door closure mechanism have all received a thorough inspection by the Maintenance Manager. The electronic lock has been read which shows that they key card provided for your room was the last card to enter and the first card to re-access your room in the morning. The lady who entered your room was an elderly guest with a medical condition who was so severely disorientated, this resulted in the hotel calling an ambulance for her whilst we located who she was traveling with.

I am sorry that you have not accepted the findings from the hotel and are not satisfied with the explanation provided however I do not know how such an occurrence could occur with correctly functioning hardware and software.

Once again, I am disappointed that you have lost confidence in Accor hotels and I remain at your disposal to assist restoring your faith in Accor.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Centrally located, resturant was lovely and great food.
Rooms spacious, however looking tired.
Would have expected to have at least ceiling fans and or air-conditioning.
Not small desk fan and portable air-con.!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Andelas5,

Thank you for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor review following your recent stay at Mercure Launceston.

This year Summer has brought with it some very high temperatures in Tasmania which was wonderful, until it came to last thing at night and temperatures did not fall as they normally do, resulting in humid overnight conditions which was a challenge for us all.

Air conditioning is offered (to our guests who prefer it) at the hotel on the 5th & 6th Floors, in our King Rooms and Mercure Privilege Rooms both of which are available via all booking channels.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your experience in Snappers Restaurant - I will share your great feedback with my Food & Beverage Team as I am sure this will be a source of motivation for them.

I hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to welcome you back to Mercure Launceston in the future ,

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have booked 2 rooms - one for our friends. Both prepaid. We requested King Bed rooms. Our friends got a King Bed, and we arrived to find a Queen Bed in ours. So we changed to Twin Beds on another floor. However - these rooms were NOT Airconditioned - and the windows don't open! We either had a choice of paying an extra $50 for a mini-suite -or stay in that room. It was already 6pm and we were leaving at 7.30am the next morning.
We chose to stay in that room - but ended up hot and bothered. So no sleep.
The next morning - on check-out - the staff said that the Hotel Manager would ring me to re-imburse? So far - no phone call. We definitely did not receive what we paid for!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Launceston hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I know that Tasmania is not known for its summer, but when you are shelling out $169 a night one would assume an air con. To be fair I didnt ask if the rooms were air conditioned but when we arrived (hottest couple of days since time began down here) the room was just plain hot. It then cost me $100 to upgrade to a room that did have A/C. Admittedly it was a far superior room size-wise, but all i wanted was an A/C not the 'penthouse suite'. The staff were very friendly however i do think that the Mercure group should review their motel stock and award the 4 stars accordingly.

Room Tip: if you want air conditioning dont just think you will get it if you pay $160+ per night. It cost us...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kmcdona,

This year Summer has brought with it some very high temperatures which was wonderful, until it came to last thing at night and temperatures did not fall as they normally do resulting in humid overnight conditions which was a challenge for us all. As you highlight, air conditioning is offered at the hotel on the 5th & 6th Floors, with the Spa Suite that you experienced being on the 6th (top) floor of the hotel.

I appreciate that you did not anticipate paying an extra $100 per night on your trip however we were very busy during over that period and unfortunately only had a limited number of rooms to offer to you. I hope that you had a pleasant stay overall and enjoyed your time in one of our air conditioned Spa Suites.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mercure Launceston in the future Kmcdona - perhaps in one of Tasmanian cooler months?

Mercure Launceston

Floors in Tasmania albeit rather warmer than usual and I am sorry this resulted in an uncomfortable night. We do offer King Rooms and Mercure Privilege rooms that are all air conditioned and are located on our 5th and 6th floors.

On a positive note I will share your comments with the Team regarding their high levels of customer service and I am pleased to read that your overall stay was a very pleasant one.

We look forward to welcoming you back to another Mercure in the near future!