“ROOM SERVICE MEAL A STAND OUT”

Best Western Plus Launceston
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Melbourne Australia
“ROOM SERVICE MEAL A STAND OUT”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel was okay in every way without being spectacular. ...but the meal I had for dinner as room service was by far one of the best meals I have ever had. The room was clean and had everything you need for an over night stay, but the mattress was a bit soft for my liking. I think a firm mattress is a MUST in hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
MercureLauncestonGM, Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear Ouchmooey,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at the Mercure Launceston.

Your comments regarding your room service dinner being 'one of the best meal I have ever had' was a pleasure to read and this feedback has been forwarded to our Executive Chef. Also your comments regarding your clean room and your mattress preference have been passed onto our Executive Housekeeper.

We pride ourselves in providing quality services to our guests, through the standard of our rooms, meals and customer service delivered by all of our staff. Receiving comments such as yours serves as an encouragement to our team.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Mercure Launceston in the near future.

Mercure Launceston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The staff were friendly, the room was spacious, clean and sunny, parking was readily available but the breakfast was 'very ordinary'. The information about room availability on the Accor website did not match reality. I had requested and booked a certain room standard but it was not available when I checked into the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MercureLauncestonGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Accorhotels.com Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Mercure Launceston.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your room however disappointed that you found breakfast 'ordinary' as we have recently added A La Carte cafe style dishes to our Continental and Buffet breakfast selections inclusive of espresso coffee for only $14.95.

I am sorry that the room type that you requested was not available at check in, we endeavour to provide the minimum room type requested and if this is not possible upgrades are provided for our guests.

Thank you once again for your feedback and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to look after you better in the future,

Best Regards,

Paul Morton
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for three nights, I stayed in a Privilege Room on level six. I was happy that when I arrived at the hotel at about 9:30am my room was ready for me to check into. The room was clean with a large window that allowed plenty of light. My room was well serviced each day I always had plenty of towels etc The hotel staff were always courteous and professional. I ordered room service for dinner one night and my order was delivered promptly and food was fine. On my last morning I partook of the breakfast buffet in the Snappers Restaurant. As far as breakfast buffets go it was pretty ordinary, the hashbrowns were a bit soft and the sausages seemed dry like they had been sitting on the bain-marie for too long. Overall I enjoyed my stay in Launceston at the Mercure Hotel, the location is excellent, close to everything in the CBD. I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MercureLauncestonGM, Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear JetConquistador,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on trip advisor regarding your recent stay at Mercure Launceston. It is always a pleasure to receive positive comments regarding our staff and the services we provide in the hotel.

With regards to the food on our breakfast buffet, I have forwarded this feedback onto our Executive Chef so improvements can be made to the way we keep our food hot and fresh.

Thank you again for taking the time to tell us about your experiences and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Launceston in the near future.

New Zealand
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Had three nights here on a business trip and was more than happy with reception and restaurant staff. The Snappers restaurant was excellent for breakfast and dinner. The down side was the actual accommodation. My 2nd floor room had a very damp and musty smell so I asked to be moved but the second room wasn't a whole lot better. Rooms need a major overhaul as they are dated and both rooms I had had large cracks in walls and ceiling. Bathrooms weren't much better with stained grouting in the tiles and little ventilation, overall the rooms were quite poor.

Room Tip: Higher floor?
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Fourkiwis,

Thank you for taking the time to write a trip advisor post following your recent stay at Mercure Launceston.

Your comments regarding the 'excellent' meals you received in Snappers Restaurant for breakfast and dinner are very much appreciated and I have forwarded this feedback to our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage staff.

Regarding the musty, damp smell in your room and the general maintenance issues you mentioned, please rest assured that I have taken the appropriate measures to address the problems and prevent future occurence.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Launceston in the future.