Best Western Plus Launceston
The Sebel Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$145
  • Room Service
$167
$131
  • Restaurant
Apartments At York Mansions(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$155
Commodore Regent(Launceston)
$128
Hotels.com
Village Family Motor Inn(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$91
$88
Hotels.com
Clarion Hotel City Park Grand(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$139
$130
Agoda.com
Balmoral on York(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$77
Travelocity
Mantra Charles Hotel(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$127
Auldington(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$88
$76
1,431 results
All reviewstram barsnappers restaurantcentral locationroom servicebuffet breakfastking bedcentre of townreception staffwould stay againshort stayroom was spaciousgreat value for moneycity parkcataract gorgeparkingcafestassie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have stayed at the Mercure on a number of occassions and even though the property is looking somewhat old and worn, the friendly staff and great service more than make up for the shortcomings. Nothing is ever too much and everyone is very helpful. The rooms are not great, they just need a makeover. The Buffet Breakfast is good, it offers a large range of hot and cold foods. If you ever order the Chicken Parma (it's available via room service) be VERY hungry or share it, it is huge. The chips are outstanding!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
MercureLauncestonGM, Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear Sylviaei,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Mercure Launceston.

I very much appreciate your comments regarding the 'friendly staff and great service', as well as your comments about our breakfast buffet and "huge" chicken parma, which I will be sure to pass on to our Chef.

With regards to the property, due to the age of the hotel we are continually making improvements to the decor and updating other areas where necessary.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Launceston in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Sarah Ambrose
Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The clock tower kept me awake most of the night
there were no spoons at breakfast and the coffee is so ordinary even with the new machines you cant beat a barriseter
we waited ages for someone to serve us in the bar!!
other than that it was great

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear itwasok150,

I was sorry to read that you did not enjoy the Nespresso coffee at breakfast. We certainly strive to ensure we have quality products for our guests therefore your feedback is most welcome. Our breakfast staff are more than happy to make espresso coffee on request for our guests.

With regards to the wait in the bar, this may have been due to a busy period? however, I do apologise that you experienced delays. I will be sure to pass all of this feedback onto our team.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences and I'm glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with our hotel.

Warm Regards,

Sarah Ambrose
Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed August 21, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
MercureLauncestonGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

A TripAdvisor Member
hobart
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was in Launceston for business. Everything about the hotel was faultless everything that could be expected. I have stayed there a few times before and will stay there in future. The reception staff are particularly friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear Accorhotels.com Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Mercure Launceston, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff to continue their hard work and strive for all of our guests to have an enjoyable experience at the hotel.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back to Mercure Launceston in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Paul Morton

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Enjoyed my stay at Mecure Launceston. Have stayed previously during past 12 months but this was a more intensive period.

Staff are excellent , as is the general hotel environment.

One consistent "negative" is the quality of ironing board covers. Without exception these were not in good condition in the 8 rooms I stayed in. Seems a relatively simple problem to fix.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Greg_Hight,

As a loyal returning guest I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your multiple stays again at the hotel, I have shared your comments with my Executive Housekeeper and we have commenced a full audit of the ironing boards and covers to ensure that they are of the high standard expected by our guests, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Yours Sincerely,