“overnight”

Best Western Plus Launceston
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
launceston
Reviewed April 13, 2011

We enjoyed our night accommodation, room was clean and modern. Good close location to CBD. Friendly staff on reception and helpful. HAve stayed at many hotels and the Mercure is up to the standard of all. keep up the good work

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Launceston

Great Bay
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Every thing was catered for. We used all the facillities. Tram Bar, In house movie , Parking and minibar. Our package included breakfast. That was great too.Staff were friendly and helpful which is important to us.
Thank you very much.....

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times in the past 6 months after previously being put up on work trips at other Launceston hotels, i now specifically request the Mercure (and get grumpy when they are full). Ive even convinced a few colleagues who now also stay here. The rooms are clean, the staff friendly and it is easy to get everywhere in town, and importantly- its a calm and relaxing environment. I dont know why but i always feel better when at the end of the day of travel and work i go into a hotel where the staff seem to be genuinely smiling.

Just a small warning- sometimes if you arrive at the same time as a tour group it can get a little noisy in the lobby and check in isnt quite as speedy.

I changed from staying at the Charles when i got sick of the snooty attidude of staff and checked into a room with someone elses hair in the bed (gross!!). Ive found the Mercure much more friendly and always bed hair free!

Scrolling through the reviews i couldnt believe some of the comments about the restaurant. I eat most of my evening meals at the hotel restaurant when i stay and have nothing but good things to say about the food at Snappers (and the room service options, especially when im not back until late are good). That being said- i think it has got better in the past 6 months- it went from being good to fantastic. Both the pork and duck are divine, and there are some really really good vegetarian options. And dont get me started on the desserts... I dont know what its called but there is an AMAZING chocolate cake that i sneakily order everytime i stay.

The bar is good and often quiet, so great to unwind at the end of the day. Overall- would recommend the Mercure in Launceston as a good value, clean, quiet hotel with a great restaurant for the business traveller.

Room Tip: Snappers Chocolate Cake and a glass of wine
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
MercureLauncestonGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

Dear Traveling Claire

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Mercure Launceston with your fellow travelers.

I was delighted to hear that as a regular guest you enjoy the facilities of the hotel and specifically Snappers Restaurant. We do get a lot of positive comments about the restaurant, the food and the service, and it is always a pleasure to pass on some great feedback to the team. I picked up that you noticed an improvement in the food on offer a couple of months back and yes it was around that time we welcomed our new Executive Chef, Nicholas Moritz to the team. Nick has spent many years in Melbourne working in some of the better eating venues and we are very excited to have him now as part of our team.

Thanks again for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Kind Regards

Darren Pike

ulverstone
Reviewed April 5, 2011

A great place to stay, close to town staff very polite and very help full .I would recommend the mercure to other people ,as every time i have stayed i have never had a problem .my room s are ready for me when i arrive.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Sydney NSW
Reviewed April 3, 2011

My husband and I were very disappointed with our stay especially our dinner at Snappers restaurant. I ordered a steak and it was very tough and not pleasant to eat. My husband ordered Beer battered flathead fillets, they were certainly not flathead if they were they were either frozen or imported. There was a very strong terrible flavour to the fish. We made a complaint to the waitress who was very nice and offered us a free coffee. Not good enough, if we were not Accor members we would of walked out.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear AccorTraveler

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback in relation to your recent stay at Mercure Launceston. I was very surprised to learn of your meal experience being below your expectation at Snappers Restaurant. We normally receive very favorable feedback in relation to both the meals and service in the restaurant. I have shared your feedback with our kitchen team as we do consistently monitor the quality of the produce.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Darren Pike

Brisbane
Reviewed March 30, 2011

The price was good and we enjoyed our 2nd night free. The staff were excellent and the hotel was generally up to scratch. Parking could be a problem. We arived back after diner and were lucky to get the very last space. The hotel is in a very central position and we would definately recommend the Mecure Launcesten to our friends.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Gladstone Qld
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Food & service in dinning room first class.
Reception great help
overall enjoyed stay & will come back
Sorry but I'm back at work & find it a nuisance that you require me to write mpre than I wish so my tip is you should review that requirement.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple