“Centre of the City”

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This boutique hotel is a must for discerning travellers, with self contained unit style accommodation at up market hotel room prices, on site parking (of course) and centrally located minutes from good quality dining options and attractions, friendly staff who will do their best to assist you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
SebelTas, General Manager at The Sebel Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thankyou Richard L for posting comments on your stay.
I am very happy you found the service, amenities and dining options to your liking.
I hope you get the chance to visit Tasmania again.

There are newer reviews for The Sebel Launceston

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Nice location but 4 hours after advising of a blown globe in the toilet still no service. Given that this is the only light source it made obtaining privacy whilst 'doing business' a bit difficult ....

• Stayed: April 2013

Thankyou Tbird502 for your feedback.
I appologies that the light was not fixed in a timely manner.
While our handyman may have not been around, all staff know how to replace a light globe.
I hope you choose to stay at our hotel when next in Launceston.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Launceston has always been limited in its accomodation offering. I decided to try the Sebel this time. Big mistake.
Firstly, the receptionist did not acknowledge we had breakfast included in our booking. It was only after I checked our paperwork and took it up with reception that it was acknowledged.
Secondly, there was no toothbrush set available due to stock depletion. I was then told that it was not common for hotels to offer such ammeneties in Australia. I was given the option of walking 20 minites to the nearest store to purchase some. How outrageous!
The hotel could have done one of 2 things if they valued customer experience. 1. Go to another Accor property nearby to collect. 2. Go to purchase some for the guest.
I know that at an SPG or Hyatt, they want the client's rest/enjoyment to be the main focus and would go above and beyond to pursue excellence in service. Service is what Accor tends to lack .. lucky for them other chains haven't set up in Launceston yet...
It didn't help that the entire hotel only had 1 staff member to service room guests after 6pm.. again showing they are morw budget focused than customer oriented..
Stay away folks!

• Stayed: April 2013

Thankyou dt250 for the feedback on your stay.
While we do provide miispa bathroom amenities in every room at this stage we do not provide extra amenities like toothbrushes, toothpaste, shaving sets ect but they can be purchased through reception. I am sorry that this stock was not on hand at the time and we have now restocked these items.
I have spoken to the staff about ensuring they inform all guests of what inclusions they have with their booking as this is a normal practice.
We are a small hotel and try to manage the service and resources we have on hand and if you were to read other comments we get it right most of the time.
I appologies that this was not the case in your situation.
Accor has a vast range of hotel options from budget, midscale and deluxe with a variety of services available. I am sure that there is a hotel which would suit your needs.
I hope you do get the chance to visit again and would welcome and personal communication with yourself if you did.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Wow... great service, friendly people, and the food from the restaurant was fabulous. Honestly can not fault this visit!!!

Ben (?) on reception was friendly and helpful, and the restaurant staff we so great.
the food.... Fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thankyou St6rmGirl for posting a message about your stay.
We are all delighted than you enjoyed your special occasion and we ticked all the boxes for your stay.
I have personaly spoken with the team including Ben for the service provided.
I hope you get the chance to visit the area again.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

central hotel with good sized apartments. the only down side was lack of washing machine/drier. the carpet could have done with a good wash/clean. good sized bathroom. it would have been good to have had thicker blinds, as the light came in and in mid summer you would have a very early rise!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SebelTas, General Manager at The Sebel Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thankyou puka7 for taking the time to post a message on your stay and providing us with some valuable feedback to improve the service we offer.
We are very happy you enjoyed the size of your room and the service provided.
I do appologise that the carpet showed some signs of high usage and we have now commenced our low season deep clean and maintenace programs to support our daily service of rooms.
We do have complimentary laundry facilities for all guests in the hotel and all of our one bedroom superior suites and 2 bedroom apartments do contain their own laundry facilities. Our one bedroom deluxe rooms have the separate bath instead of these.
I hope you get the chance to stay with us again at some stage where we would be happy to allocate a room with these facilities for you.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Well the location is great, the staff at the front desk are great but I think the cleaning staff need more training.
On entering our room the first thing we noticed right there on the floor was a previous guests nail clippings on the floor. Not a good start.
Opened the fridge and it looked as though someone had brushed their long dark hair while actually in the fridge.
I/we will not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank realgrumpy666
SebelTas, General Manager at The Sebel Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thankyou realgrumpy666 for your response to your stay.
While I am happy you enjoyed the service provided by our staff and our location, I am very concerned about your cleanliness comments.
I have spoken with the team in housekeeping and discussed your experience. We have a very long term team here and we receive many comments about the standards of cleanliness as can be seen by other comments posted here.
This is an area where we place a high level of importance and I can assure this is not at our normal expected standards.
Please feel free in calling myself at the hotel if you have any concerns about any future stays in Launceston.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I arrived at 8.30pm to a lovely warm greeting from the receptionist. I had booked a 1 bedroom spa suite. What a beautiful room. It did remind me of the Como in Melbourne. I had asked for a quite room due to the other comments on tripadvisor, which was no problem, in fact nothing was a problem. The room has a little kitchenette with toaster, microwave sink and fridge. Breakfast is better ordered from the al a carte menu as buffet was very ordinary. I felt very welcome in this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: ask for the quite end of the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thankyou kodySydney for your response to your stay.
I am very happy you found that the room and service provided met your expectations and do appreciate your feedback.
Our buffet is only continental and has a selection of cereal, fruit, yoghurt, breads, pastries, sliced meat and cheeses. Due to the size of the hotel and restaurant and our focus on quality hot dishes we do cook all hot menu items to order.
If a bed and breakfast package is selected, it does include the continental buffet, your choice of a cooked to order meal as well as expresso coffee or tea. Alternatively the a la carte menu is a popular choice.
I hope you have the chance to visit our region again at some stage.