1/ Location - as others have said quiet yet close to CBD and Seaport area.
2/ One bedroom apartment perfect as baby Coffi could go to sleep in the bedroom at 7pm and we could spend the evening in the separate lounge having dinner, watching TV without disturbing him.
3/ Portacot and sheet was provided free of charge and set up in the room prior to our arrival.
4/ Check-in staff (Ruth) was extremely helpful. We arrived very early (10am) and she checked to see if there was a room available (there wasn't) but said she would call as soon as it was (which she did at about 11am).
5/ Decor and furnishings were modern, clean and in good condition.
1/ We needed an apartment with a full kitchen to prepare food for baby Coffi (rather than just a microwave) which according to the website are 'available on request'. Prior to booking I called to 'request' a room with a full kitchen but I was told that these were only available on request (which is what I thought I was doing!) however there was no guarantee that on checking in we would get one. As I was running out of time on this occasion we took the gamble, but in normal circumstance without a guarantee of what we were getting I would have just booked elsewhere.
2/ King bed mattress had one of those uncomfortable ridges down the middle so must have been two singles zipped together.
Overall, a very positive experience and would recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sebel Launceston hotel is an elegant, boutique style hotel set in a central CBD location, within walking distance to the Seaport precinct and major attractions such as Cataract Gorge. Combining style and convenience, the hotel comprises 51 self-contained guest rooms boasting a private balcony, separate bedroom with luxurious king size bed and spacious en-suite. Many also feature spa baths and kitchen and laundry facilities.Showcasing natural Tasmanian stone and timbers throughout the interior and locally commissioned art, The Sebel Launceston offers charming, contemporary accommodation and unrivaled service in one of Australia’s oldest and most picturesque cities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sebel Launceston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Launceston Hotel Launceston
- The Sebel Hotel Launceston
- Sebel Hotel Launceston
- The Sebel Launceston Tasmania