“Sleep quality is just so poor”
Review of Quest Launceston

Quest Launceston
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Stayed here February 25-27 2011 for the first time and it will be the last. There is no double-glazing so the street noise on Fri/Sat night drives you insane. Admittedly MS-Fest was on and the place was a bit busier than I have experienced over the last 10 years although Launceston Cup times are pretty much the same. Additionally, the curtains are not block-out curtains so the lights from outside shine through all night and the sun wakes you at first light.
We we unable to stay at our normal hotel due to the late booking (with MS-Fest and the Cup, we should have done it in June). Shame.
Home tonight for some decent sleep.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheOracleofOz
There are newer reviews for Quest Launceston

Reviewed January 9, 2011

My husband and I had 3 nights here to hopefully to enjoy New Year's Eve celebrations - BIG MISTAKE!!! Absolutely nothing on for anyone to do outside of going to a restaurant. There was nothing open no fireworks nothing for families to do. It was like a ghost town - nothing open not even the shops. The accommodation was okay the gentleman on the desk "was not a happy chap at all". He obviously did not enjoy his job - it was an effort for him with any requests. We had an apartment which was very pleasant except you get woken up by the Post office clock chiming every 15-30 minutes which if you are a light sleeper doesn't work too well for sleep. Nice apartment but try and get one away from the front of the building. Also there is no parking and you have to pay for your parking in the public carpart across the road.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2011

This is a clean, modern place to stay. The bed was comfortable and the room design was spacious and unusual - a long corridor with bathroom, bedroom and kitchenette/lounge coming off it. Our room looked out on to an alley - not very inspiring - but we just closed the curtains and it was quite cosy. There is no parking and the hotel has an arrangement with a parking station across the road - not ideal. On the plus side it was quiet and close to everything.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Our family of 5 (incl 3 kids 10, 7, 3) stayed in 2 connected rooms so we appreciated the space. Reception was friendly and helpful. Restaurants and cafes were within walking distance so food was not an issue. We stocked-up on bottled water and supplies at Coles before checking-in and having kitchen and laundry was particularly handy. We also heard the bells ringing every 15 minutes but we didn't mind that much. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Stayed one night as part of a business trip. My company likes to use the Grand Chancellor but i was keen to try somewhere new and I mentioned this on the phone when making the booking and was given a deal.

I was really impressed with this hotel and the staff who were friendly and helpful. My colleauge and I were upgraded to one bedroom suites at check-in and found ourselves with really lovely modern rooms in a very old building with real character. I like having laundry facilities when I travel so having these in the bathroom were appreciated and the kitchen was quite big and well fitted.

Location is great - right in the centre of Launceston. We walked to dinner and breakfast the next morning. Car parking is easy in the carpark over the road.

As for the bells - they didn't bother me. Yes I could hear them as i was watching TV (my room was on the first floor and faced the Post office where they are located) - but I was lucky enough that the bedroom part of the apartment was away from the window so they didn't keep me awake. My colleauge said he didn't sleep because of them however. I think it's luck of the draw in terms of what room you get, and if you are a light sleeper. Personally - the bells wouldn't put me off and I'd definitely stay again.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2010

As expected of the quest the rooms were clean and tidy. The staff were very friendly and helpful, this includes the cleaners. However the downside of our stay was the lack of sleep from the hourly church bells that rang throughout the night. The internet access was also very expensive up to $15.00 an hour which is an unreasonable charge as access is so cheap elsewhere and often free.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tomtom09
Reviewed September 14, 2010

After staying at numerous hotels in Launceston, and never really been happy at where I stay (either too far away, too expensive, no air conditioning, poor service etc), it's nice to finally find a hotel which I'm happy to return to.
The rooms are clean and modern, the location is great, parking you must pay for - but it is not excessive and the rooms are not expensive.
I haven't been bothered personally by the noise.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business