“Great location, large and comfortable apartments”
Review of Quest Launceston

Quest Launceston
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for one night in early September. We had a 2 bedroom apartment for myself, my husband, our 20 month old son and my in-laws. The hotel is located right in the centre of town, close to restaurants, the mall and attractions such as City Park. It is located in an old building and the renovations have been in keeping with the character of the hotel. The way the apartment was divided up was interesting. A common door led to a small hallway which had 2 further doors leading off it. One led to a studio apartment with a self-contained kitchenette. My parents-in-law stayed in that room. The other door led to an apartment with a sitting area, full size kitchen, bathroom with bath and a large bedroom. The apartment easily accommodated all of us.
Parking is available and located in a council car park across the road. The hotel provides a fob for getting out of the car park when it is closed after hours. My one and only criticism of the hotel was that there was no ramp and it had a short but steep flight of stairs up to the front door. It was therefore a drama getting the pram and the roller bags up the stairs. Other than that, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
QuestLaunceston, Manager at Quest Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear David,

When you next visit, please note we do have ramp access available at the side of our building and our Front Office staff will be more than happy to provide you with a key access.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Good hotel.. we enjoyed our stay alot..Loved the stay, the service and the hospitality of the hotel..Do try the hotel sometime.. The rooms were very clean and staff was very polite..We would definitely return back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
QuestLaunceston, Manager at Quest Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear David,

Thank you for reveiwing Quest Launceston. I am really pleased that your family enjoyed your recent stay and found the apartment suited your needs. Thank you also for your comments relating to the service and politeness of staff and the cleanliness of your apartment.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Quest on your next visit to Launceston.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in a studio apartment.
I travelled with my husband who has a stroke and finds some things difficult.
First thing was parking which is across the road in a council lock up. Quest only gives you from 3.30pm to 10am ($5 per night) all other times are charged at the car park rates.
Then to my horror, the studio apartment had steep stairs. I must admit i have never questioned stairs for a studio apartment as i have never come across this before. Not good for my husband.
Our studio apartment was tucked up in the roof cavity, with a small window above the stair case, which you would break your neck trying to look out.
We had rain and wind on the second nights stay. To say we never slept was an understatement. The roof must of had tin roof sheeting as it banged all night. I first woke up thinking a plane was landing on us. Maybe, some extra screws up there may stop the sheets from banging.
The room was clean and tidy, and provided us with everything we needed.
Staff were pleasant

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Natalie,
Thank you for taking the time to reveiw Quest Launceston. The carpark opposite the hotel can provide some access issues for guests with limited mobility. The carpark is run by the local council and we have a negotiated rate for our guests to have secure overnight parking. As you mentioned, the overnight arrangement is from 3.30pm to 10am the next day which helps to keep the cost down as many guests tour the Tamar Valley or other areas during the day and do not wish to pay for all day parking. We can arrange full day permits if required, but unfortunately these need to be done in advance.

Five of our studio apartments do have stair access and while this may not suit all guests we are always happy to find an alternative apartment with level entry if requested. Thank you for alerting me to the issue of something loose on our roof area. We really value this feedback as without it we would be unaware of the issue.

I am pleased that you found the room comfortable and clean and our staff friendly.

Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed here for 3 nights in a 1 bedroom apartment. The room was very large and spacious with great amenities. It was like a home away from home with kitchen and laundry facilities that exceeded expectations. The only downside was the town hall clock which kept ringing throughout the night.

Overall a very pleasant experience and we will definitely be coming back on our next trip to Tasmania. Thanks for the great experience.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Only stayed one night but we were very impressed with the facilities in the interconnected family rooms. With a king size bed and two single bes, two bathrooms, well equipped kitchen and kitchenette, full size dining table and comfortable lounge area this really was one of the best apartments our family of four has stayed in. Would definitely recommend to families!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Emma M
QuestLaunceston, Manager at Quest Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to reveiw your recent stay Quest Launceston and for your comments. It is always great to receive feedback and I am really pleased that you found our two bedroom executive apartment was well suited your families needs.

The apartments were designed with flexibility in mind and work really well for families as well as two people sharing but still needing their own space and privacy.

Thanks again for staying at Quest Launceston and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Kinf regards

Reviewed July 8, 2012

The apartment was located in a very convenient location, just a 1 minute walk to where all the shopping and restaurants are. The studio apartment was very cosy with simple decoration and lighting. As soon as we opened the door to the apartment there were stairs that lead us up to the apartment area. Basic amenities were all provided for, and the kitchenette and apartment itself was quite clean. Although the bathroom tiles can be a little cleaner. The apartment was quite spacious.
The staff at quest were very helpful and pleasant, they were always willing to help and point us in the right direction. The cleaning staff were also very nice and approachable.
It was a great stay and we will definitely consider visiting again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Dear leisuretraveller89,

Thank you for taking the time to reveiw Quest Launceston. We are pleased that you enjoyed the studio apartment, our central location and helpful service. Being a converted 1880's warehouse, the building has an individual style and as you mentioned, some of the studio apartments have stairs which lead to a loft syle apartment.
Our cleaning staff take pride in presentation of the apartments and work very hard to maintain high standard of cleanliness. Unfortunately, occasionally there are times when things do slip through or parts of the apartment may not be presented quite as we would like. Thank you for alerting us to the no so perfect bathroom floor as this kind of feedback really helps staff in the QUEST for continuous improvement... Pardon the pun.
Thanks again for your input and we look forward to having you stay with us agin when next in Launceston.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed for over 2 weeks for work in June in had nothing but positive experiences with reception, housekeeping, the room and the exellent (and much needed) revearse cycle aircon. There were 4 different people working on reception during my stay and every one of them was extremely friendly, helpful and kind. Every time I asked for information I got a bunch of excellent options presented and every time I asked for something I got it. Given the length of my stay I elected to have my room cleaned every 3rd or 4th day (I was only there to sleep) to avoid waste. Sometimes I ran out of the little items like coffee and milk and every time I asked at reception they handed over additional supplies without question. I really appreciated having the full kitchen and laundry so I could do my own cooking and cleaning - if you need to stay for more than a few days I thoroughly recommend this options. There was a 35% off deal when I went so my boss got this for about $135 / night, but I aslo noticed a sign-when I got there that they have walk-in rates from $149/night. This is great value for waht you get. Smokers note - smoking is only outside and in minus 1 degree in July it can be a tad chilly. If I am back in Launcestion I would definitely stay again

Room Tip: Get a 1 bedroom apartment because they have full kitchens and full laundries - excellent valuye