“Old, outdated pic on website don't show the actual room !!!”

Adina Place City View Apartments
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Room was nothing like pics on website, kitchen old and dated bathroom even older, carpets were stained, 4 20ml containers of long life milk yet over 10 coffee and tea sachets supplied, spa old and black filth came out of jets when ran, lift well unclean, mould around shower, underlay had stains on it, dust under bed needs a vac, poorly lit bathroom, crumbs in kitchen draw, mirrors marked and dirty foam between adjourning room. House keeping offered service bed made poorly, towels not replaced and you have to buy more of the tiny milk !!!!
Never stay here it not worth the hassle

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Emmyaemmy

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This apartment motel was one of the worst experiences my family and I have had. I would not recommend that anyone stay here as there are better accommodations in town.

Upon entry our key was left in an open environment, available to any passer by. The grounds are not secure and feel unsafe at times given the shared nature of the complex. Only 1 entry lock located on the doorknob.

The entire grounds need a major update; from old, stained furniture, musty smelling rooms, carpet that I wouldn't walk on barefoot to dated and poor quality towels, flat pillows, hard mattresses and dusty surfaces throughout it was NOT an enjoyable stay, especially for those with allergies.

Our bathroom had MOLD on the ceiling above the toilet and in the shower.

The TV controller was filthy and not functioning correctly.

We couldn't open our window or sliding door due to broken latches on both (again a security issue).

If you use the dishes you had to wash them…???? If not, you were charged a cleaning fee.

Internet was a $5 charge for 24 hours as were local phone calls.

I will not be returning to this awful hotel nor will I consider Adina facilities in the future.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank M C
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The bathroom was larger than the bedroom, come sitting area, come kitchenette ! Inadequate clothes storage facility. Lumpy bed. Musty smell . Given that there was a doorway , with foam behind , I can only assume this was previously part of a larger apartment! Staff was friendly.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank debra n
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We chose this apartment motel for its location primarily and indeed it is central and accessible. We had a ground floor apartment that was very tired. To our annoyance we found information in the room that informed us if we left soiled dishes unwashed my credit card would be charged $25. However the extractor fan in the room was covered in fat from a previous tenants cooking and smelt. When I asked for this to be cleaned I was promised someone would come but they didn't. Their apology and promise " to get the girls onto it that morning" did nothing to smooth my irritation at the double standard and since I was checking out had not helped with my sleeping with the smell of fatty equipment. I wonder if I am to be at the mercy of the cleanliness standards of fellow tenants rather than the cleanliness standards of the hospitality industry? Since I cleaned the extractor fan so I could sleep, should I charge the motel $25? Seems they have the power to charge me if I'm not responsible however this is clearly not reciprocal!

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Sheryl d
Reviewed January 13, 2014

It is a very nice hotel. Good size of apartment and the hotel is in a very nice area very close to the central part of the city.Free parking. The hotel would be fine both for family and for couples. You have to try it

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Danetravel
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed here overnight with girlfriend in 2 bedroom apartment on !st floor. Clean and adequate with nice views, easy walking distance to city shops, good off .street parking, quiet location, great value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank szoka
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at the apartments over a long weekend whilst visiting friends in Tasmania. It was more than suitable and had everything that you need in an apartment. The hosts were fabulous and really helpful we couldn't thank them enough for making our stay enjoyable. The location was good also and everything is easily accessible by foot or car. Very clean apartments. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends