Fiona's B&B is located in the centre of Launceston, within 3 mins easy walking distance of town centre shops & amenities. The property is located on a back lot set well back from the road, so road noise in the rooms is minimal.
The property consists of four buildings, each with several units of different sizes accessed through their own front doors. The property has free off-street parking for all guests, and a breakfast room. It has more the feel of a motel than a B&B.
Our unit was a "Junior Suite", consisting of a spacious room with large bed and a sitting area with two chairs and coffee table. The unit had a large ensuite shower room with an excellent shower, as well as a small balcony overlooking the parking area.
The room decor was in neutral colour and in good condition. The room has free WIFI on request from reception, although this is not publicised on their web-site. There is also a free-standing air cooler/heater, but this was not very effective at cooling the room in the warm weather during our stay. There was no telephone in the room, nor any fly screens on the windows and doors. One criticism of our unit was the front door security, which was very flimsy with French doors secured by small bolts which were missing half of their screws. The unit did have plenty of spare power sockets.
The unit was very clean and regularly services with clean towels during our short stay. The unit had a small selection of snacks and drinks available for purchase.
The staff we met were very friendly, efficient and very helpful in giving us some tips about places to visit during our stay, all of which proved very useful.
Our room rate included a full cooked breakfast each day, which included cereals, juices, toast and beverages, as well as egg & bacon. The standard of the food was very good, the service prompt, and the breakfast room spacious and airy.
This was a very comfortable and convenient B&B, and we would happily recommend it to other travellers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Launceston Bed and Breakfast accommodation with panoramic views, garden setting and off-street parking. Stay in beautiful and spacious rooms with private ensuite, TV, fridge and tea / coffee facilities. Enjoy a delicious full cooked or continental breakfast. Fiona's B&B Launceston is only 1 1/2 blocks to city centre and is close to restaurants, cafes, bars, theatres, shopping and tourist attractions on offer in the historic city of Launceston including the magnificent Cataract Gorge and Boags Brewery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fiona's Bed and Breakfast - Launceston B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiona`s b&b - Launceston b&b
- Fiona`s Bed And Breakfast - Launceston Hotel Launceston
- Fiona`s Bed And Breakfast - Launceston Bed And Breakfast
- Fiona's Bed And Breakfast - Launceston B&B Tasmania