We stayed four nights having lived in this city twenty years ago. When I booked online I selected city-view suite and having read reviews here had second thoughts. At check in I requested river view and after a lot of keypunching we got it for no extra charge. Room was spacious and the view over the cement factory industrial area was intriguing - the charm of Launceston is that its not a particularly sophisticated city and this is about as good as you can get, from my observations all the other midtown hotels lack any sort of outlook other than rooftops. The suite was clean and comfortable but the balcony was pretty small and precipitous from the fifth floor. We found it necessary to shut doors and windows because of the smoke and noise from adjacent rooms and the bars below. Air conditioning was noisy but effective and the washing machine sounded like it was about to launch the Space shuttle. As usual the rooms smelt vaguely of stale smoke and the decor was clean but uninspiring. The bed was OK but the couches not particularly comfortable. The cafeteria on ground level was disappointing and we did not find the adjoining restaurant/s in the least attractive. The fish "restaurant" on the boardwalk seemed good value although it lacked ambience in that plastic chair food court style. The sea-front concept is overstated, merely an unattractive housing development and rowdy beer drinking bars overlooking a smallish marina. On the plus side it was an easy walk to the decent restaurants (Black-Cow and Stillwater) and other major attractions such as Cataract Gorge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Seaport Hotel offers modern, waterfront accommodation, situated at the heart of Launceston's Old Seaport Dock area. Just a short walk from Launceston's town centre and 15 minutes drive from Launceston Airport the hotel offers deluxe rooms and suites with views overlooking the Esk River or the historic town and the mountains beyond. Guest room facilities include air conditioning, broadband internet access, minibar, TV, mini-stereo. If you are staying in a Suite there are additional facilities including DVD player, large refrigerator, fully equipped kitchen and all feature a balcony. Mud Bar and Restaurant serving an eclectic mix of cuisines from around the world. To accompany your meal indulge in superb Tasmanian wines while admiring captivating Tamar Valley views. Adventures further afield include the impressive Cataract Gorge, the famous James Boag brewery and if youre a wine lover, Launcestons Tamar Valley, home to one of Australia's major cool-climate wine growing regions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Peppers Seaport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Seaport Launceston
- Hotel Peppers Seaport
- Peppers Seaport Hotel Launceston, Tasmania