Peppers Seaport Hotel
The Sebel Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$137
  • Restaurant
Mantra Charles Hotel(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Restaurant
Quality Hotel Colonial Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$82
Best Western Plus Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Restaurant
Balmoral on York(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$97
$75
Village Family Motor Inn(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$83
$81
Hotels.com
Clarion Hotel City Park Grand(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$100
Agoda.com
Country Club Tasmania(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$124
$109
Auldington(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$81
$72
The Old Bakery Inn(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$66
Hotwire.com
1,049 results
All reviewsriver viewmud restaurantcataract gorgeone bedroom suitefree moviesper daywasher and dryerreception staffcar parkcity centredown stairsfull kitchengreat roomlounge areavisit launcestonking bedmini bar
Reviewed February 10, 2009

The hotel is reasonably well located for seeing the area and has a nice situation on the waterfront. Front desk staff was rude but hotel had a nice lobby. Our room faced the parking lot and thus the hotel's waterfront location was lost on us. Rooms are very modern in decor and nicely appointed.

This is a good hotel but certainly not in the luxury category that we expected. Nice adjacent coffee shop for breakfast and a good fish n chips place around the corner.

Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank waldentenn
Shannon E, General Manager at Peppers Seaport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for your review. I apologise that there has been a delay in response to your feedback which coincides with a series of Management changes at the property. As the now appointed General Manager at Peppers Seaport Hotel I have reviewed all Tripadvisor responses to identify our Guests verdict on nominated areas for improving. We look forward to delivering on these recommendations throughout the New Year.
Thank you for your stay and I look forward to meeting soon to enjoy.

Reviewed January 3, 2009

This is a well situated, comfortable hotel with very well appointed, pleasant rooms, great service and a pretty good restaurant. We also stayed in another hotel in Launceston which was around the same price and also a chain, but the experience was nowhere near as good.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 1, 2008

This hotel has some stand out problems:
- many of the rooms (inlcuding mine) have large windows that are facing the highway, which is steps away- more like a motor inn than a nice hotel
- the reception closes so there is no one to contact for help/questions in the late evening or before 7am
- no newspaper provided
- no bathtub even though there is plenty of room for one
On the positive side - the room is clean and nicely decorated but this in no way makes up for the above items that you expect as standard from a decent hotel

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed November 10, 2008

Unfortunately we only stayed for 1 night. This is about the best hotel I have ever stayed in anywhere in the world. I made myself stay up really late so that I didn't waste the time there by sleeping. If I ever go back to Tassie, this is where I'll stay. It wasn't a room, it was a suite. I've stayed in serviced appartments on Orchard Rd in Singapore that cost (the Company) thousands of dollars a month and they didn't even come close. Just try it!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 9, 2008

We have just spent two days at the Seaport and loved it.
The River view suite on the first floor was beautifully appointed, spacious and immaculately maintained. The staff were all friendly and welcoming and we had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. We did not eat there as we were out each night but we did have room service breakfast which was fine.
The view was great and we appreciated a balcony to sit on to watch the world go by.
Greg and Carol Colgrave, Singapore

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)