We recently spent two nights at this hotel. The apartment we were allocated had a lovely view over the riverfront and was very comfortable - as expected from the price. The location was good with several local restaurants and being near to town and Cataract Gorge.
Our stay at Peppers Seaport was marred by four incidents:
1. On our arrival at approximately 7 pm, we were sent up to our room but were surprised to find the apartment was not completely ready. The sofa bed in the living room was opened out but not made up. Shortly after our arrival, a maid arrived and proceeded to make up the bed, despite my telling her that it was unnecessary as there were only the two of us. When she left, we tried to close the sofa bed but, owing to the bulk of the bedding, this was unsuccessful. Consequently we stripped the bed and tried to close it without the bedclothes. This was also unsuccessful because the mechanism was faulty. We reported this when we went out to dinner and, in our absence, the sofa bed was closed up. However the bedding was left on a sidetable and remained there throughout the rest of our stay.
2. On our arrival, we were told that we would be charged $8 per night for parking. When we were out at dinner, we discovered that the parking charge listed on the ticket machines was only $5. In addition, our booking through booking.com had indicated that the charge for parking was $5. We were advised on our return that we would only be charged $5. However, when we checked out of the hotel, the account still listed the charge at $8 per night and I had to ask again for it to be reversed.
3. On our arrival, we asked for the code and password for the wireless internet. However the connection was so slow, it was impossible to use. When we left for dinner, we asked for this to be rectified. We were given a different code and password and told to try that. On our return, we did try but could not inactivate the original code. Next morning, we spoke to the person at the front desk and he promised to have the connection investigated by the IT staff and to disconnect the unsatisfactory code. On our return that evening, this had not been done and we were advised to “wait for 40 minutes when the original code would expire”. After this, the new code worked very well but we had missed 24 hours of internet contact.
4. On our arrival in our room, we found that, in addition to the sofa bed issue, there was a half-empty bottle of water in the bathroom. We took this down to the front desk when we went out to dinner. I was absolutely amazed to arrive back in Sydney and to receive a letter from “Pamela, Guest Service Agent “at the hotel who advised me that she had charged $6.12 to my credit card for a bottle of water from the mini bar. We did not use anything from the mini bar. At the very least, this charge must be refunded.
We have written to the Hotel group about these examples of poor management - not up to the standard expected of this group.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Seaport Hotel offers modern, waterfront accommodation. Situated at the heart of Launceston's Old Seaport Dock area, the hotel is surrounded by restaurants and cafes offering a good choice of fine food and more casual dining. Just a short walk from Launceston's town centre and 15 minutes drive from Launceston Airport the hotel is built in the shape of a ship on the site of an old dry dock. The hotel exudes a stylish, contemporary design with a distinct nautical feel, accentuated by the extensive use of natural timbers and muted ocean tones. Accommodation includes deluxe rooms and suites with views overlooking the Esk River or the historic town and the mountains beyond. Guest room facilities include air conditioning, hairdryer, STD/ISD phone systems, fax/modem telephone lines, broadband internet access, tea & coffee making facilities, minibar, TV, mini-stereo, clock radio, complimentary bathroom amenities and iron and ironing board. If you are staying in a Suite there are additional facilities including DVD player, desk & chair, large refrigerator, bar stools, armchair, lounge with sofa bed, fully equipped kitchen with microwave & dishwasher, washing machine, dryer and all our suites feature a balcony. Of an evening tantalise your taste buds with an exquisite dining experience at Mud Bar and Restaurant serving an eclectic mix of cuisines from around the world. To accompany your meal indulge in superb Tasmanian wines while admiring captivating Tamar Valley views. Adventures further afield include the impressive Cataract Gorge, the famous James Boag brewery and if youre a wine lover, Launcestons Tamar Valley, home to one of Australia's major cool-climate wine growing regions. The hotel makes an ideal accommodation base for a weekend away, short break or romantic escape and is a great base for exploring the Tamar Valley either by car or by river cruise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Seaport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Seaport Launceston
- Hotel Peppers Seaport
- Peppers Seaport Hotel Launceston, Tasmania