“Fabulous Pizza!!”

Add it.
Big Bite Pizzeria
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Ordered 3 large pizzas to take away, they were much quicker than I had anticipated, the pizzas had plenty of topping on a fresh base, they truly were DELISH!! yummo, looking forward to the next lazy night I have. Because pizza from BIG BITE RIVERSIDE will be on our menu! Cheers

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Went there this week for a nice family meal. Pizza was great. one of the best in awhile. The mains we ordered were very good. Fish was cook well, scallops and oysters were excellent. Have to try the curried Oysters. Overall a great experience and would return for another meal.

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I visited big bite last night with my family on an overnight stay in launceston for agfest.
We ordered a garlic pizza for the kids to share and 2 pasta mains.
We couldn't taste any garlic on the pizza at all & the basses tasted like flour, salt & water no flavor at all!
The kids were quite happy with it though.....
After trying to order from the menu to be told supplies such as penne & lemon lime, bitters hadn't arrived from the supplier we made do with what was available.
My paradise pasta tasted like a continental packet pasta with a bit of pineapple, capsicum & chilli thrown in :(
I was quite disappointed.
My partner ordered a napolitian based pasta dish that was thick & tasted like a chutney/relish rather than a sauce.....
We also saw the pizza bases coming from a fridge & hoped they were only put there hrs before hand not days before.
I understand that this is a new establishment that is still working out bits & pieces but if you guys want to stay alive & competitive you really need to look at your menu and recipes.
The staff member was quite nice & I think he could see our disappointment, we only want to be honest & hopefully give productive criticism.
Keep trying & listen to what people are liking & run with it :)

Rowan P, Owner at Big Bite Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Firstly, I would like to state that we do not use salt in any of bases so I am at a loss to understand this flavor description.
I explained that the suppliers had not delivered the stock and this is completely out of my control, I can not provide something that has not arrived.
Yes, our bases are made fresh each afternoon and are stored for convenience only.
We, as standard practice, check on everyone's meals as they partake, if something is not satisfactory and nothing is mentioned, how can we provide any form of rectification or remedy?

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I am really sorry to say, but the food is not nice at all, it was my first time buying from there last night and goodness me it was terrible, I have never tasted a Carbonara pasta like it before, so thick and gluggy, when turned upside down in the take away container it would not even budge. the other pasta dish was just as bad, and as for the pizza it was sickly , undercooked, and just yuck, never again......

Rowan P, Manager at Big Bite Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

My only question to this is "Did you make a call to us and advise us of your concerns?" Any establishment is unaware of an issue if they are not informed. Thank you for the opportunity to address this directly.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Pureed topping on a soggy base, burnt topping and presented on a cold stone, 1 piece from two pizza's and the rest went in the bin.

Firstly I find this review hard to believe for the following reasons.
Yes we did have cold stones for the first two nights of opening, the reasons are not important.
We have NOT had two pizza returned from our tables to be thrown in the bin, full stop.
If this order had been taken home and thrown in the bin, which is the other scenario, then it would not have been served on a stone.
Please do not leave wrong remarks on this type of format.
Thank you.