“Fresh tasty food, but seating too close to other customers”

Buddha Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 316 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Tibetan
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2013

After reading great reviews I was looking forward to a 'date night' with my husband at Buddha Cafe. Unfortunately, even with a reservation, we were seated just too close to other customers to be able to have a personal conversation. Our table, in the middle of the restaurant, was literally 2cm from the tables on either side of us. At first I thought it was a table for a group booking.
Once I got over the closeness issue, I enjoyed the food and the service was quick. We had fresh rolls & steamed prawn&chestnut dumplings entrees, beef with ginger&shallots and chilli basil chicken for mains & two desserts. The food was lovely& fresh, servings on the smaller side for the price, but I was very satisfied. Good selection of Thai & non Thai desserts. We will definitely have food from here again, but most likely takeaway to eat at home with the little ones :)

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Fresh rice paper rolls good
Specials boards dumplings 12 AUD for 3 that's steep
Was good food but extra chilli also charged extra
Windows - toilet - our table surroundings need a decent clean / scrub - what does the kitchen look like ?
We go back if it gets a clean ;)

7  Thank Traveller_EPMEL
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Love their green curry and pha thai. Apple juice and cappuccino are very nice too. My wife and I went to Buddha cafe twice. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Place was busy which was a good sign and service ok. Had 3 courses and entrees average, soup very good, mains very average.

Had green curry for main which was flavoursome but very watery which was disappointing for a coconut cream based dish.

Overall was ok but had better many times ...... 6/10

5  Thank Rocksy75
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We called in at 5.45pm on a Wednesday, they were fully booked from 7pm but squeezed us in.
The starter course of spring rolls and curry puffs was fantastic but not sure why they did three per serve, four would have been better. The mains consisted of egg fried rice, pad thai with prawns, tofu satay and mussaman beef curry. The taste was fantastic, the best Thai I have had in a long time, The price was reasonable. Thoroughly recommended.