Review of Bolters Grill

Ranked #102 of 312 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bolters Pizzeria, Bar and Grill offers a casual dining experience in a family friendly setting. Relax and dine-in in the spacious dining area or alfresco courtyard and delight in one of the gourmet wood-fired pizzas with toppings made using the freshest Tasmanian produce. While waiting for your pizza, the friendly bar is the place to kick back and take in the sporting action on screen and via memorabilia that's taken residence on the walls. If pub fare is more your style, a parmigiana or steak from the Grill menu is sure to satisfy any appetite or select from the daily specials board. Grab a bottle of wine to enjoy with your meal from the on-site bottle shop, or order a take away pizza should you want a quiet night in. There's something for all tastes and budgets at Bolters.
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

We have been here 2 times now! The first time the steak was delicious! The second time it was ok. The garlic cob was yummy! The staff are great. Very friendly and seem like they actually want to be there. They also have children's meals that are very cheap! It has a great atmosphere and a lovely open fire during winter. The only thing I'd change is the garnish on the children's meals. My children are very fussy and won't eat most of their meal because of it.. I'll ask not to have the next time :). Other then the this place is great and we'll be back!

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

We have been here 2 times now. The first time the steak was delicious and the second time is was ok. The garlic cob is yummy! The staff are great! Very friendly and seem like they actually want to be there. It has a great atmosphere and a lovely open fire during the winter. They also have children's meals, very cheap to! The only thing I'd change is the garnish on the children's meals. My children are very fussy and won't eat most of their meal because of it.. I'll ask not to have that next time. Other then that, this place is great and we will be back!

Hobart, Australia
“great, relaxing, great food!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

had a great time at bolters! it wasn't very busy, maybe 10 other tables, so our service was pretty quick :) we ordered a garlic cob loaf to start with, yum! then for main my partner had a mix of seafood with chips, he said it was great. I had a 300g eye fillet with veggies, and diane sauce. yummo! the veggies were perfect! and my steak was pretty good (im a tough judge on steak, others may say it was perfect) it was cooked exacly how I asked - med-rare. we also had a lemonlime bitter, and a cascade draught stubby total bill come to $60.70.. I thought this was a great price!
also - before we ordered dinner we had a game of 8-ball + a drink in the bar, this was great, lovely atmosphere too

• Visited August 2014
“Moderate, but pricey”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Food took a while to get to our table, sauce on chicken parmijama was cold. Very pricey for what the meals provided, very bland and small.

• Visited June 2014
Hobart, Australia
“Friendly service”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Staff are the highlight, very friendly and helpful. The food is good pub food, however didn't try the pizza's, they looked to be very nice.

Visited May 2014