“Great gourmet food to begin our trip in Tasmania”
Review of Terrace Restaurant

Terrace Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 314 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tasmania's most awarded restaurant!The multi-award-winning restaurant is Country Club Tasmania's top-of-the-line dining experience.The restaurant serves contemporary cuisine that is superbly crafted using the freshest Tasmanian produce. The menus are regularly updated to reflect the seasonal variety of local ingredients, and the dishes are ingeniously flavoured and exquisitely presented.Local Tamar Valley wines can be matched perfectly to one of our delcious main courses or our guests have the opportunity to select their own wine in the custom-designed 2400-bottle Tasmanian blackwood wine room.Treat yourself to an evening of gourmet food, fine wine, and impeccable 5 star service.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We had no booking and at first was a no. Then we waited only five minutes and we were escorted to our table. Good start to evening.

A relative/friend came with us from Launceston.

We started with large mixed variety platter of oysters, fresh and tasty, which we devoured in no time. Were a bit hungry!

We decided to try the beef fillet again with sauce and vegetables although the extensive menu had, rabbit, lamb, venison etc. a real Aussie selection of gourmet food.

We did our usual, we are not cannibals, no blood, but it came back a bit red for each of us and being polite for our first time out with special lady, we did not send it back. After we finished she commented how she usually sent hers back too, must be a heredity thing!

Partner chose the desert platter, which we immediately wished we had done also, fantastic selections and we tasted a little of some too.
Although my apple rhubarb toffee etc was so delicious and her creme brûlée cracked perfectly and tasted the best.

Coffee came in unusual large cup, and saucer, cappuccinos perfect.

The maître de was superb, he tended to our every whim, with pleasant patter and he was tall and good looking also! The staff had our water glasses filled as soon as they were empty and were charming also.

We commented that we were not really happy with our meat, and our glass of wine was dropped from account. This shows to us, how important their customers opinion is to them and if you follow my reports we are extremely fussy.

Come to Tasmania my overseas followers and be friendly and you will reap true Aussie rewards! I recommend The Terrace, it is not the cheaper option, but delightful staff and a wondrous chef, will keep you satisfied!

1  Thank elinas
There are newer reviews for Terrace Restaurant

Reviewed April 20, 2014

This was our first dining experience at The Terrace Restaurant and we were not disappointed. Friendly professional staff with very good knowledge of the menu and wine list. We are not big eaters and the complimentary bread and olive oil / balsamic dip was sufficient for us. For main my wife had the back strap lamb and I had the venison both cooked as requested as where the accompaniments. The wine we selected was Josef Chromy Sauvignon Blanc which was a very well balanced and enjoyable wine.We shared desert of apple and rhubarb with a very modern presentation and again was excellent.
The decor is tasteful with tables well set out with quality white crockery and good quality wine glasses.
Our only minor criticism was the poor quality slightly bitter olive served with the bread.
We will definitely eat at The Terrace on our next visit to Launceston.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Extensive menu with a great range of local produce. A wine list to satisfy all tastes and friendly staff.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This was my first time to The Terrace and from the reviews I had read I was expecting some amazing food. The ambiance of the restaurant is a bit dated but comfortable all the same. The staff are very inviting and knowledgable for both food and wine. The menu had me struggling to make up my mind as there were so many dishes that I wanted to try. The food itself was good and well presented but mind blowing, it wasn't. The wine list is very extensive with a great range of local, Australian and internal selections and all very reasonably priced. Maybe had I not gone in with such high expectations I would have marked the Terrace higher.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Once again our party of 8 had a wonderful night at the Terrace, the food was delicious as always and the atmosphere was really nice, , the Confit Chicken was delicious, as were all the main meals, we will go back again