“couldn't be better”
Review of The Pasta Merchant

The Pasta Merchant
Ranked #84 of 335 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Italian, Fast Food
Description: Our pasta and sauces are made fresh daily - our aim is delicious, healthy, affordable 'fast food'. All our meals are available to eat in, take away (hot to go) or heat at home at your convenience. We also make in store our own range of gelato - Go Go Gelato, included by Jill Dupleix in her 'The Best Gelato in Australia' list.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

only ate once but could have eaten every single night. fresh food, fast service, cheap but worth every penny, on same block as our apartment so very convenient

mamurchis, Owner at The Pasta Merchant, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for your review - that's great to hear!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

yum!! yum!! yum!! is all I can say!
I would definitely recommend Pumpkin Cannelloni and I don't even like Pumpkin!
One of my favourite places!!
Once or twice I've caught the staff on a bad day, but I know not to take it personally!

mamurchis, Owner at The Pasta Merchant, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thanks for your review - great to hear that you're enjoying our meals. We will show our staff your comment about the occasional 'off day'. It's valuable feedback for them to know that their off days don't go unnoticed - hopefully you won't experience anymore of them!

Cheers The Pasta Merchant : )

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The pasta is great, especially the hand made gnocchi. Love going there for a quick meal. Have trouble leaving without having an apple pie gelato - it's the best.

Thanks for your great review (they're 2 of my favourites too!)

The Pasta Merchant :)

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have fussy eaters in my family and this was a definite winner AND cheap! There are so many delicious choices. Dessert is wonderful too.

Thank you for your great review, fussy eaters are our specialty!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

My 2nd visit was much better than the 1st, previously buying take away Fettucine Marinara which had watery, bland sauce with the seafood. (perhaps it was thawed marinara mix ?). This time I chose the Pumpkin Ravioli, which was plump and delicious and the sauce was rich and tangy. Eating in is an option, take aways are offered cold or heated, and there is a selection of small cakes as well as gelato, drinks & coffee. I took my meal cold and heated it in the hotel microwave without a problem, appreciating the parmesan cheese included in a paper bag. Will definitely return on another visit to Launceston, as the fresh pasta is a much better alternative to other take aways.

Thank you for your review - we're very pleased you came back. Your second visit is far more indicative of how we expect our place to run!