“KerChing”

Country Club Tasmania
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Reviewed December 7, 2008

We stayed in a manor suite for a couple of nights.

Don't stay if you have a gambling bug!

Pros
The suite was spacious; Nice view of lake
Comfy bed, good service (apart from chef in one restaurant wouldn't cook my steak 15mins before close of kitchen!)
Good gym, great pool.
Selection of restaurants, plenty to do, golf course, gambling, tennis.
The bathroom was magic!
Nice grounds.

Cons
Small drive from town. About 10 minutes. No chance of walking.

• Stayed: December 2008
2  Thank mav777
There are newer reviews for Country Club Tasmania

Reviewed May 4, 2008

My partner and I stayed here late last year. The hotel was ok but the customer service was terrible. I left a precious black ring on the night stand. I called the hotel as soon as I realised that I had left it behind we were simply told the cleaners did not find it. Upon insisting the ring my have fallen under the bed we were told simply there was nothing they could do for us and did not return several further attempts of contact. If you are going to stay at this hotel lock up your valuables and don't leave anything behind! Unlike the Grand Hyatt who actually called me for an item left behind, you will never see your valuables again from this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ChloeMelbourne
Reviewed March 16, 2008

I,m not sure if this Hotel is rated 5* but it should be, spotlessly clean, spacious rooms and bathrooms , and although 5 km out of the city there is plenty here to keep you occupied - tennis courts, golf course, swimming pool and casino.
There are several eateries in the complex and I had dinner at the Links - the meal was very good but when I arrived at the Restaurant I was initially told that the tables are for 2 or more diners! I found this extraordinary, aren,t single travellers allowed to eat? I think the waitress saw the expression on my face and wisely decided to allow me a table rather than deal with a hungry, cross, menopausal woman - there were only 6 tables occupied the whole time I was in there so they certainly were not booked out.
However I will put this down to a bad hair day on her part as the service in the Hotel otherwise could not be faulted. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank margsch
Reviewed September 19, 2007

We stayed in a Manor Suite, one of the 5 star rated rooms, and it was certainly impressive. The suite has a large plasma tv inbuilt into the wall, touch screen channel changing, and free in room movies. Bathroom was very modern, certainly as good as you will get anywhere. About the only drawback to the suite is the small balcony, but overall very classy and relaxing.

The hotel has a decent range of activities, but if you don't play golf , ride horses or gamble you might find it hard to pass the time, but there is enough to do overall

The pool area is small but sunny, and the spa is big enough.

There are plenty of options for dining, we took the free shuttle bus (which was very convenient) to the Bolters Bar, which does excellent wood fired pizza, after a great meal and a few drinks we simply asked at the bar to be picked up by the shuttle again and within a few minutes we were back at the main country club building.

The main drawback of this venue is that it's quite busy (especially when we went on a friday night) so beware the rowdy patrons of the casino, and its a 6km to the Launceston city mall.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AdiAdrian
Reviewed September 18, 2007

We stayed at the country club casino for two nights and I could have stayed for many more. We stayed in a suite and it was extemely comfortable with a wonderful bathroom. The staff were very pleasant and accommodating and there is a great array of activities to take part in. We did not gamble at all but we enjoyed the pool, spa, gym and very pleasant walks around the complex. There is a good choice of restaurants and we didn't have to leave the resort for anything.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank byza2329
Reviewed April 9, 2007

I found the staff very good, the rooms very clean. The down side is that the villas are very close together (and there are a lot of them). We stayed there on a Friday night, a few of the quests came in late obviously from a good night out, the trouble was they woke the whole block up, no good if you have an early flight out like we did.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2007

Just came back from a trip to Tasmania for business and decided to stay at the Country Club for the first time. I would normally stay in town but all future trips will be at the club.

The Club rooms are above average and with facilities such as Golf, Restarants, gym and pools you have everything you need to unwind after a days work.

My only complaint is the way you charge your account to your room you have to sign every receipt for every drink ylou order no matter if you have been sitting at the bar for hours, they should have some sort of swipe card.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business