“Rooms getting on a little now...”

Country Club Tasmania
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Sydney, Australia
“Rooms getting on a little now...”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Stayed here for one night only during a business trip. I arrived quite late in the evening and so only had limited time in the hotel as was also up and out early. I stayed in the hotel itself not a villa.

Check in was friendly and efficient with the complimentary valet being a nice touch. I had the use of a hire car which made getting around easy. If I wanted to explore Launceston then be aware that this hotel is a cab ride away from anything. You are in a very separate area away from Launceston itself. If you want to be able to walk into the town and explore then choose something more central.

The hotel seemed to be quite quiet with barely any other guests around which made it seem a bit odd that I had to walk for what seemed like an eternity to get to my room. The hotel seems to be spread out over a very wide area. The room itself was adequate. It did not really live up to the expectation you build when entering through the foyer itself which created a feeling of grandeur. They were not bad just a bit old and underwhelming. The Artex plastered ceilings give you an idea of the era the rooms would have originally been built.

The grounds and golf course certainly looked like it would have been worthwhile staying a little longer but alas I did not get the opportunity to fully exlplore.

Would I stay here again? For business yes I would but I would stay for a couple of nights and try out the facilities. As a family doing a bit of a tour of Tasmania I don't think so. But when I do I’ll try to remember to update this review...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Great service, lots of dinning options, great facilities, friendly and helpful staff. If they could make a caesar salad it would be perfect.

• Stayed August 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Very happy with my stay here.
The free valet parking is a bonus, as is the free in room internet.

Room service dinner was superb and great value for money, and it arrived within 15 minutes of ordering.

My only issues: the food at our conference dinner was the worst meal I have ever had - the turkey was so over done I couldnt even cut it with my knife

the other issue was my room heater didn't work, but it was fixed the next day when I reported it.

• Stayed July 2011
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed July 19, 2011

As a family of two adults and two children (13 & 11), we used a Contry Club Apartments as a base for six days to explore the North East and Launceston region during late June/early July 2011. All of the Country Club staff were very friendly and helpful, and the two bedroom apartment we stayed in was clean, modern and well appointed (kitchen, laundry etc). I travel often on business often preferring self contained accommodation, and the Country Clubs two bedroom apartments were up to standard with many I have stayed in around the capital regions of Australia.
There are two restaurants, a bar and a heated pool within the apartment precinct which is located a ten minute walk down the road from the main hotel and club facilities. We took the kids horse riding at the Country Club, and the riding staff that accompanied us were exeptionally friendly and helpful!! The ride is very relaxed to the top of the hill behind the resort, and easily accomplished by the most novice of riders.
The Country Club is only minutes drive from a large shopping centre with a Woolworths in Prospect Vale servicing our shopping and food requirements We also liked that Prospect Vale is only a short tem minute drive into the Launceston CBD, and we didn't find the Country Club to be too far from town. Overall the family thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Country Club, with plenty of activites and facilities to keep kids entertained.
I would recommend the Country Club Apartments to any family needing self contained style accommodation that is well appointed, value for money and with access to all necessary facilities.

Room Tip: Two and three bedroom apartments definitely the pick of the self contained accommodation.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Smithton, Australia
Reviewed July 19, 2011

The property is very nice and free valet parking is a classy touch on arrival. We stayed in a manor suite which is well worth the extra money as it takes away the "staying at a hotel" feel and really enhances the holiday feel. The extra space is handy and the 5 head shower is fantastic. We had dinner at the Terrace restaurant which was flawless. In my opinion the only reason not to rate the Country Club excellent is that the staff seem to care little. Whether this is the truth or not I'm not sure but it's certainly the way the majority of staff come across although they are not so abrupt as to spoil the stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 4, 2011

You can improve the decor but if you don't change the culture - nothing changes.

Two examples from my recent visit:

I asked the receptionist to print a single PDF page from a memory stick. Response: We can't do that.

I asked if I could speak with the General Manager. Response: we don't know if he's coming in today.

Trust me. You can't make is stuff up.

I'm not sure if they are looking for the gambler trade or conventions, but either way there are much better hotels in Launceston.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank AussieStrategist
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed May 13, 2011

My husband arrived here with the intention of staying one night and when we arrived we liked it so much we decided to stay an extra night. We were welcomed and we did not have to park the car as they have valet parking which was great after driving most of the day. Our room was a fair way from reception but on the ground floor. The amenities were clean. Our room was spacious and had a roomy bathroom. The Links restaurant was lovely and we had the buffet both nights for dinner. Breakfast was also delicious with plenty to choose from. My husband played golf and I relaxed. We also used the day spa and had a great massage. The reception staff were amazing and did all they could to ensure our stay was comfortable. It was a short drive into Launceston. Can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple