“Delicious tapas in Launceston”
Review of Salsa Tapas Wine Bar Cafe - CLOSED

Salsa Tapas Wine Bar Cafe
Cuisines: Spanish, Australian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Salsa tapas wine bar is a great restaurant located at Seaport overlooking the Marina. Eat inside with multiple choices of seating from booths, couch areas, bar seating or traditional table seating or alfesco over looking the marina. At Salsa we adopt the Spanish way of eating, taking the time to enjoy many different flavours over a period of time with family and friends. We use quality, fresh ingredients sourced locally whenever possible and change some menu choices seasonally.Enjoy the experience in our relaxed restaurant where we always strive for great food and service.
Brisbane
“Delicious tapas in Launceston”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended Salsa by the front desk of Peppers. We certainly weren't disappointed. We ordered the Tasmanian cheese platter and Salsa Tappas platter, both were delicious! As we arrived early evening we didn't have to share the restaurant with anyone which was delightful! Would recommend this establishment for a tasty meal after a day of travelling and seeing the sights of Launceston.

• Visited June 2013
Glenwood286, Owner at Salsa Tapas Wine Bar Cafe, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
We really do appreciate your time taken to write a review on Trip Advisor and are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. We have a great team here who will be pleased to hear your feedback. We hope you have a great stay in Tassie and enjoy much more of our hospitality.

“late for work...”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

40-45 minutes of waiting for a single breakfast... at this point a lady comes over and asks if ive been looked after? ... I say yes, but im a bit concerned its been approx 45 minutes since I ordered breakfast. She returns soon with my breakfast and in a dry not very concerned voice as if it isnt really her problem she says " sorry the kitchen is busy today". Being in the industry and having a greater appreciation for the difficulties of busy service the wait wasn't what made the experience terrible. The attitude of the staff did. Not once in my wait did anyone check on my meal or ask me if I needed anything, and when I paid the same lady failed to acknowledge and thank me for my patients. Now I realise I may have high standards or expectations if you like however, if your going to go out for breakfast and spend your hard earned money... why not spend it somewhere that appreciates your patronage? I just felt like a nuisance there as it was too busy it would seem. The end result, late for work...

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank theoccasionalreview
I am really sorry you did not feel you were treated fairly. I was the lady you refere too in your comment and take full responsibility. Please believe me when I say you must have mis-interpreted my comments on that morning! At no time what so ever would we feel any customer were a nuisance whether we are busy or not. I can only sincerely apologise again. You say you are in the industry therefore I'm sure you would also understand how difficult it can be if you are taken by surprise to be so busy at any given time, as we had no bookings for that particular morning and no reason to believe we would have been so busy, it is rather difficult to staff accordingly. If we are aware that customers have limited time, i.e. need to be at work, we do our utmost to put your order through more hastily. Again I apologise and do hope we will have another opportunity to make it up to you.
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Yummy”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Lovely Tasmaian wiine and it was so good to be able to eat a variety of well cooked small dishes to share, great service. We spent a very pleasant couple of hours here, with a great view of the Marina and even went back for great coffee the next morning

• Visited April 2013
Glenwood286, Owner at Salsa Tapas Wine Bar Cafe, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Lovely to hear you enjoyed your time at Salsa, it is a great spot and we do strive to please our customers. Thanks for coming and returning for our great coffee. We appreciate you taking the time to review and hope to see you again sometime.
Brunswick Heads, Australia
“Tastes like Tassie!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

There is nothing like sharing a plate of tapas with a friend while enjoying views of the marina and a humming Sunday brunch crowd. We shared the load of six items from the $4 menu with the seafood opening with two trimmed scallops in shell topped by microgreens and a pancetta chip floating on a cauliflower puree and a shared seared salmon stick with aoli.
It was immediately followed it up with the lamb and fetta sausage roll with crispy pastry on a delicious relish bed, a kebab of chicken wrapped pancetta with a drizzle of creamy sauce, the pumpkin and feta rice ball floating in it's own dipping bowl of aoli, and a croquette of leek and gruyere cheese oozing its warming goodness. We followed it up with a selection from the $3 menu - the Sandy Bay Mussel baked in its half-shell with a corn mix under a fine crumbed crust, and the only cold dish of the day – a grilled eggplant and capsicum terrine with herbed cream cheese filling. The only item not fully matching the description was the mussel - with a lack of chorizo amongst the sweet corn kernels, though it still had great taste and texture contrast with the polenta crust.
All ingredients fresh and light and delivered with attentive service in a modern setting that offers seating from al fresco café on the deck to indoor table dining, bar stools or lounge.

Items from the $3/piece menu:
Grilled eggplant rolled with cream cheese, capsicum & semi dried tomato (v-gf)
Spring Bay Mussel bound with corn & chorizo, Served in their shell & coated with a polenta crust.
Items from the $4/piece menu: Pumpkin & Feta Arancini with garlic aioli (v);
Croquette fried soft centered filled with leek & gruyere (v); Chicken stick wrapped in pancetta (gf) served with smoked paprika aioli; Salmon stick with citrus aioli Cubes of salmon marinated in lemon & dill; Lamb & Feta Sausage Roll With tomato & capsicum relish; Tasmanian Scallop Served in their shell (gf) on cauliflower puree with a pancetta shard.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank PlanetPlanner
How lovely of you to take such special time to write a review on Salsa Tapas Wine Bar Cafe. You obviously know your food with the detailed review you wrote and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to do this.
Salsa at Seaport is a special place with a great view and our team work together to try and always please our guests and we are really happy you enjoyed your experience with us.
I have noted your comment on our mussel tapa and whilst our menu is changing this week and this item being replaced, it is always great to know your feedback for future reference.
We hope to see you again at Salsa!
Cornwall
“Early evening tapas”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Visited with family. Good food in a lovely location. Very child friendly and the staff were very attentive. Thank you.

• Visited March 2013
Glenwood286, Owner at Salsa Tapas Wine Bar Cafe, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
We appreciate the time taken to write a review on Salsa and we are pleased you enjoyed your experience with us. All the staff at Salsa work as a team with the aim to please our guests and it is encouraging for everyone to hear your feed back. Thank you again and we hope to see you again at Salsa.