We needed to be in Launceston for just one night. The decision to stay at the Apartments at York Mansions was from previous Trip Advisor reviews and its location.
On arrival which was after dark we were met by John owner, a very welcoming person and escorted to the Baroness Apartment.
My wife and I love the older historic look, feel and style of buildings. The Baroness Apartment was all this and more, and on entering it was warm with a homely and comforting feeling : )
Our apartment consisted of:
- Master Bedroom with queen bed, side tables, and standalone cupboard for hanging clothes, single chair and suitcase stand.
- Second bedroom with 2 single beds
- Bathroom with walk in shower, toilet and vanity
- Kitchen with fridge, oven, cook top, microwave and enough utensils to get by
- Lounge, 2 seater a 1 seat, good size digital TV and DVD player with a selection of DVD’s, gas fire, small dining table for four, coffee table and bookshelves with a wide range of old looking books
I loved the queen bed as it was firm, but my wife doesn't but she still slept well. And the pillows, I am fanatical about my pillows as to me a bad sleep can ruin a trip. And I must say they were very comfortable, and there were spares of similar quality, not often seen in other accommodation places.
The position of the apartments is a good climb up the hill from the Launceston Mall, but not hard and overall we loved the Apartment at York Mansions.
Well done, and we have decided on our return we will go back, big tick.
P.s. Lovely terraced gardens at the rear of the property.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apartments At York Mansions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- York Mansions Launceston
- Apartments At York Mansions Launceston, Tasmania