“Awesome Gorge..just wear good walking shoes!”

Cataract Gorge Reserve
and up
Australia Multi-City Attractions Pass
Ranked #1 of 74 things to do in Launceston
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I came here after spending Xmas day 2010 at my husbands Aunty and Uncles place, who just happen to live 20 walking minutes away from Cataract Gorge. The walk up the steep hill to the gorge nearly killed me..and I was wearing my brother-in-laws runners (yes to big and no socks)...I wont make that mistake this Xmas (2012)!! The gorge is breathtaking and worth the pain I endured to see it. Thank god for the chair lift though...I needed that to cross back over otherwise I wouldnt have made the walk back to relatives house! If your ever in Launceston this Gorge is a must see! :)
Note: ( I had to put a date I visited there on this review and the earliest date it allowed me put in was Deccember 2011..I was actually there December 2010)

There are newer reviews for Cataract Gorge Reserve

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Wonderful place with fantastic ambiance and well worth a visit. Cafe good both sides of the Gorge and lots of easy walking tracks.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I thought that the commentary on the 50 minute tour was very good & the gorge is amazing. It showed that Launceston is built on huge rocks. To be able to do a boardwalk walk into the gorge is great for those who like to walk.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We last visited the gorge 15 years ago in the middle of a drought, with just a trickle coming down. This time there was more water. The new inclinator was great for our travelling companions with mobility problems to get to and from the car park. A lovely place to visit and a treasure for Launceston

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Brilliant! What a wonderful place to experience ... so peaceful & quiet and beautiful. Would see it again and next time will hop onto the chairlift!