“recommended!! value for the reasonable price”

Comfort Inn Coach House
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Victoria
“recommended!! value for the reasonable price”
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Having stayed in Launceston many times and in many varied types of accomodation, at last I have found somewhere where I would gladly stay again. Room clean and well appointed. Nice view from the opening windows. Clean bathroom providing all the necessaries. Above all no outside noise, as I have had some bad experiances with hoon drivers in Launceston, any night of the week, any hour of the night (believe me I have had this happen on all my previous stays) "Coach House" ticks all the right boxes for me. Staff were very off hand even appearing to be put out, when their computer viewing was interupted so that we could place our breakfast orders. Still this doesn't put me off the place and I will be back. PS (the walk into town is short and shouldn't be a problem)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hobart
Reviewed June 15, 2010

For the price, we found The Coach House to be a good place to stay.

The pro's were: Very close to the CBD, fairly modern furniture/appliances etc, reasonably priced mini-bar, nice thick curtains which shut off all the morning light, the breakfast was great, the hotel and surrounds were clean.

The con's were: The service was very... flat. Friendly enough but lacking in any form of enthusiasm.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Overall this hotel was basic, fairly clean and provided us with what we needed (a short overnight stay). The office staff was friendly and very helpful. I will say that this hotel is in major need of an upgrade. The hotel itself and the room was very outdated and old. The location is outside of the CBD but still walkable if reasonably fit.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Launceston hotels

Port Macquarie NSW
Reviewed March 22, 2010

The Comfort Inn Coach House is situated just out of the centre of town (walkable if you are reasonably fit) and the room we had was on the middle of three floors.

The room was large with opening windows which allowed us fresh air - very important for my wife - and yet was quiet all night. The car park was full, but we had a spot each time we left and came back so I assume there was just enough spaces or we were lucky each time

The room had quality features including a nice large firm bed - with a single bed in the room as well as the Queen and a decent plasma tv with several extra channels including 3 with movies.

Full buffet breakfast was included in the $125 package and the restaurant was a good size and had heaps of room when we went to breakfast.

Clean, well appointed, well positioned and excellent value. Good as a business motel overnight stay or for leisure.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DavidH2000
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 4, 2010

First of all, I thought Launceston was an awesome city. i went to this hotel based on Trip Adviser ratings an I am glad I did. The room was large, comfortable, had a great view, and was quiet. Also, this was the first hotel I have encountered in Australia (and I have stayed in half a dozen so far) where high speed internet was free. The breakfast was good and reasonable. This place gets five stars from me.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank drmgeorge
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 8, 2009

I have always been very selective to choose the hotel/motel. Nothing better than the cheap but comfortable option, and Country Comfort is right there.
I reached Tasmania from Sydney and this was my first visit.I found a lady taxi driver and asked her to drop me in front of the Hotel, which she did without using any maps or GPS device - which means its a known hotel.
The building looked ok ... the place was very calm and peaceful. As i entered the building, i was greeted by a lady at the reception who was very kind and helpful.She showed me the room which i must say was very tidy and clean.
Washroom was clean as well. I asked them for a LAN cable as i wanted to use internet. High speed broadband internet in the room for free, that was wonderful.
Breakfast was good ... didnt have much variety however all the basic things you could have in breakfast were there.
My overall experience was very good and i guess i wouldnt mind to stay at this place again.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank hassaan
Brisbane
Reviewed September 9, 2009

On my first trip to Launceston, I was pleasantly surprised at the service and facilites offered at the Country Comfort Launceston in York Street. I was referred to this property by a business collegue who said she had stayed there on numerous occasions. Whilst the rooms were not five star gold they were spacious, fresh and clean. Given the cold conditions in Launceston in August I was appreciative of the home cooked roast of the day special. The chef even gave me some tips on how to make her home made pumpkin soup. I will be back next time I am in Launceston.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business