“Location so convenient, large room, great restaurant”
Review of Commodore Regent

Commodore Regent
Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Reviewed December 25, 2010

Easy, short walk to main shopping centre, outlook over park is really nice. The restaurant was very good - modern, interesting menu and wines. Our room was at the front with park views. Large, really pleasant room although decor a little tired. We booked this online and were really pleased with it as a base to explore the city and region. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Warwickite

Reviewed November 29, 2010

good location and value ... older room but clean ...(probably ready for re-furbishment) ..... below is email sent to the manager which is self explanitory

Good Morning Rowan,
My husband and I spent three days at your property last week and cannot recommend Kylie highly enough for her work ethics. She was amazing. Saturday she did a split shift and was just as pleasant when we checked in as during our evening meal in the restaurant. Sunday morning breakfast under pressure from impatient guests she displayed excellent customer skills. We hope you realise what an asset you have in her.
Kind regards

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I found the Commodore Regent through the hot deal at Wotif.com for $120 per night. Due to the length of my stay (8 nights) the kind girl on the phone during booking knocked the price down to $99 p/n. The service I recieved while staying here was the highlight. Very kind staff, knowlegable and always available. The process of arranging an invoice of my charges was easy and straighforward.

The Commodore Regent is very well psitioned. It is across the road from a beautiful park which I walked around every night after work. It is an easy stroll down to the centre of town - I think it took less than 5 minutes.

The driveway into the place is very steep!! Not at all sutable for caravans or trailers. There is ample parking for residents but I wouldn't like to be here in busy times with a Landcruiser!! Once in the room I found there was no internet connection (I required this for business and was essential). The staff were very helpful and arranged free wireless connection for me. Well done!

The rooms are basic with no meal preparation area or appliances at all. There is a 80 litre bar frige which if full of expensive minibar items. The quality of the rooms are average, I would say that the rooms were first built in the early 80's with minimal updates since then. There was a large crack in the ceiling of my room and some tiles in the ensuite had raised edges. The bed was very comfortable!! No problems sleeping here!!

Noise from the water service was a huge issue. At random times a hiss or groan would be heard, sometimes in the middle of the night. The television is very small (I think is would be about 20") and only recieved Channel 9, ABC and SBS. Some Austar channels were available however for the last 4 days of my stay there was an error message - so no austar. There is no DVD player for kids either.

A major plus is the service here. The housekeeping is exceptional - most pleasing to come back to the room and find that everything has been tidied up (I am such a grot!) but no personal gear has been moved. I brought my own microwave to heat up meals - even that was cleaned by the housekeeper. Thankyou!

On the whole I enjoyed my stay here. Like I said at the start - you get what you pay for. If you want all the trimmings - go to the clarion or the marriot.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Superkellick
Reviewed June 24, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights whilst on a brief break in Tasmania..........Staff were very friendly and helpful and you can walk to most central locations..........I have a bad heart and it was not too much trouble for me................We travelled a lot of kilometers as we had taken our car across on the ferry and so it was nice to come back to a comfortable room................Rooms are in pretty good condition and a fair size but the bathroom shower lets the standard down a bit and needs a bit of renovation and updating................Would probably stay somewhere else next time.......Just for a change......

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Batts69
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I booked a family room for 1 night (AUD$185 for 4 ppl) and I was quite satisfied. The room was absolutely huge with combined living and dining room, kitchen, and 2 separate rooms (2 twins and 1 double bed). The kitchen included a stove top, microwave, toaster and oven. It did honestly feel like a real apartment.

The only bad thing about the room was that i felt that it smelled a bit initially which was probably due to the poor ventilation. It smelt like a really old house but after having the air con on for a while, it got a lot better.

In terms of location, it's a 3-5min drive to a shopping centre with K-mart and coles.

Would definitely come back if i decide to visit Launceston again :-)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank tinkerj
Reviewed March 11, 2010

If you are not travelling by car or do not like walking especially uphill, this hotel may not be suitable for you. It sits up on a hill, so it is quite a walk to tourist attractions or even to the closest supermarket (should take advantage of the kitchenette in your room, skip breakfast at the hotel dining room). The room that I stayed in is in the main building, 2nd level, no lift but of good size, was clean and comfortable with ample closet space, remote controlled heat & AC (a plus!). The bathroom was alright, could be a little cleaner or updated. Staff is minimal but very friendly. Could be noisy when busy but as I was told, the week I was there was unusually quiet in Launceston. Do not rely on getting to the hotel for tourist information or brochures, there is none! Not bad for the price, app. AUD$100/night.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank HappyTrotterCanada
Reviewed March 7, 2010

We booked this hotel based upon previous positive reviews, and we were not disappointed. Staff was helpful at check-in, and our room was clean with a comfortable bed and soft, fluffy linens and pillows. Some of the fixtures in the room appeared older, but everything was well-maintained. We found the hotel to be a good point for exploring all of central Launceston on foot. Even walking to the Gorge at a leisurely pace only took 20 minutes. We were happy enough that we booked again for a second stay before our flight home, and again, we were not disappointed. We would definitely stay at the Commodore Regent again, and we would definitely recommend it to others!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple