on the surface it looks like a really nice hotel, decor is modern, bedrooms are modern, the TV is big. They have lots of pillows and the extras like toothpaste and real coffe is nice.
But stay more than 10 mins you realise its over priced. The walls are paper thin. There is no lift. The floors creak. The A/C is too small for the room size, which in summer means its too hot. The windows dont open.
The street side can be quite noisy and adjacent businesses leave on some big neon signs all night, but the curtains do block it out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clarion Hotel City Park Grand offers boutique accommodation in downtown Launceston. Located next to City Park, it is 10 minutes walk to Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery.All spacious rooms at Clarion City Park Launceston feature en suite bathroom, air conditioning and flat-screen cable TV. Some rooms also have balcony, microwave and whirlpool bathtub.Facilities include a guest laundry, free high-speed Wireless internet access and free car parking. Guests can enjoy free coffee and weekday newspapers.Larceny's Bar and Restaurant features local produce and a large wine selection. Room service is also available.Clarion Hotel City Park Grand is in the heart of the entertainment, museums and shopping districts of central Launceston. Boag’s Brewery is a 2-minute walk. Aurora Stadium is 750 metres away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Clarion Hotel City Park Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Park Grand Launceston
- Clarion Hotel City Park Grand Launceston, Tasmania