Used this hotel for one night prior to transferring to walk the Overland Track.
The positives. I had a great room. Large. Very comfortably furnished. A really comfortable bed (and pillows). Great (and big) bathroom with good toiletries. One of the best hotel rooms I have stayed in during the past 4 years.
Also on the positives - service at reception on arriving and leaving was friendly, prompt and courteous throughout. The hotel is a refurbished old hotel oppositer Boags Brewery. There is (in the main building where I stayed) an old time character and lovely ambience throughout. While I did not have a car there appears to be ample free parking (check).
Location - the hotel does not have views as such and is about 10min level walking from the Launceston CBD. I get the impression that this is pretty similar for most hotel options in Launceston.
Caution - in the main building there are no lifts - be prepared to carry your bages up stairs and perhaps ask for a room on the 1st floor.
There is a pleasant lounge/bar/breakfast room area. I used this for both dinner and breakfast and the ambience was fine. The service was also friendly on both occasions. The breakfast itself was average and the evening meal was ... ok ..... nothing remarkable and not particularly cheap. Next time I would find an alternative for dinner.
I would definitely stay here again for the great room and very good service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clarion Hotel City Park Grand offers boutique accommodation in downtown Launceston. Located next to City Park, it is 10 minutes walk to Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery.All spacious rooms at Clarion City Park Launceston feature en suite bathroom, air conditioning and flat-screen cable TV. Some rooms also have balcony, microwave and whirlpool bathtub.Facilities include a guest laundry, free high-speed Wireless internet access and free car parking. Guests can enjoy free coffee and weekday newspapers.Larceny's Bar and Restaurant features local produce and a large wine selection. Room service is also available.Clarion Hotel City Park Grand is in the heart of the entertainment, museums and shopping districts of central Launceston. Boag’s Brewery is a 2-minute walk. Aurora Stadium is 750 metres away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Clarion Hotel City Park Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Park Grand Launceston
- Clarion Hotel City Park Grand Launceston, Tasmania