“Loved the place:)”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Loved the place:)”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Dropped at this place on our way to Launceston. Was pleasantly surprised with the maintenance of the place. Excellently maintained my volunteers. The lady at the door was very helpful; gave us information about the heritage and history of the place.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank A L

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“great place”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

this house has been kept in pristine condition. I have forgotten the lady's name who gave us so much information at the house but its really great to talk to staff with so much passion! Worth stopping for!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank SAMUALLONDON
Melbourne, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Found right in the middle of suburbia !!!!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Franklin House was a little tricky to find but has some worthwhile historic features to see. It has a very different history to other homes in the area and the National Trust have endeavoured to be true to history in its representations in the house. Visiting this place may add another dimension to your overall impressions of days gone past and the connections of families in the area. The church across the road is an added feature. ( fee if you are not a member of the National Trust)

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Linda H
Merimbula, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“What a delightful attraction.”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had an hour or so to spend and by chance I spotted a sign saying Franklin House was open. I went to the front door but it didn't seem to be open so I wandered around the back where I was greeted by one of the staff/volunteers I think. I said I couldn't get in was it open, apparently I should have rang the front door bell oh well. What a beautiful building each room filled with antiques (obviously) with details about everything in every room. I strolled through the gardens had a look at the school and separate kitchen. It's a beautiful place, do yourself a favour and have a look when you visit Launceston!

Visited February 2013
4 Thank AADRSWYSIWYG
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An interesting house with excellent guides”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Libby was an excellent guide who was extremely helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. The house has been lovingly restored and is an interesting piece of history. The devonshire tea was delicious. I would recommend this for tourists and locals alike.

2 Thank BethSiepen