“Big disappointment”

Sporties Hotel
Ranked #184 of 316 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Modern twist on some traditional pub classics that will not disappoint. All locally sourced produce, with friendly staff and a great atmosphere. Kick back to Live and loud HD sports in the bar or relax in the bistro with a drink and your favourite Sporties counter meal. Monday - Pint & Parmi $15 Tuesday - 8 Ball Culcutta Competition Wednesday - Trivia Night Friday, Saturday, Sunday - Live music and sport
Reviewed November 16, 2012

A french chef, clubby atmosphere but our food was disappointing. Our friend ordered the special which was lamb. He had 3 pieces of 50 cent sized lamb slices, 5 small potato cubes and a few veggies for a dish costing over $30. The best dish we had was the soup! My steak never looked close to the uncooked weight advertised and was less than 1cm thick, so when I asked for medium, I got well done.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We managed to get a table here at very short notice. What a treat. I'd definitely go back if we lived there.
The bistro is tastefully decorated, with a continental feel.
We had a sparkling Tasmanian wine (Clover Hill), which was divine, and really good value for money.
The lamb rump was amazing, and beautifully cooked.
Staff were great; very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable.

1  Thank MandKitty
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Sporties is our local pub and we have dined here numerous times, mid week and weekends for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food is good and standard fare, with the French onion soup being hearty and very tasty, and the eye fillet being my favourite main meal. Service can be a bit slow if they are busy. It is best to book for Friday or Saturday nights. It is nice to sit outside in the warmer months and watch the world go by. George, the restaurant manager is good fun and always welcoming.

1  Thank tassiefoodie
Reviewed November 4, 2012

After having had a previous good experience at this local restaurant I organised for a group of 5 of us to go for what we hoped would be a great dining experience. This was not to be. Two things weren't available from the mains part of the menu and my friend who is vegetarian was offered a plate of vegetables ($21) as her vegetarian option. We were not told about the specials until after we had ordered and one of the dishes wasn't available. My friend chose the lamb which was overcooked and inedible. She informed the waitres who didn't even offer an apology. Our meals arived at different times as well as our drinks. Needless to say we won't be going back.

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

And close to my house so I can walk home after a wonderful meal and drinks. This place is good with simple French bistrot style French food, fresh and hearty meals. The creme brulee was excellent made in a wide low dish which had a great amount of crunch on top.

3  Thank lisaaw