“Lacking flavour”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: 03 6334 0584
Reviewed March 12, 2013

So went expecting some flavour in the food, alas we were disappointed :( I got the pollo which was supposed to be stuffed with avo and tomato, I got a tiny piece of each. It was supposed to b cooked in Mexican spices but I have no idea where they were!? Service was good though, doesn't really make up for the food though.

6  Thank gdeaney

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

The enchilada I had wasn't very tasty, seemed more like a cheddar and chicken casserole inside a soft shell. The menu mentions that you should ask for spicy if needed, maybe ill go for that next time because there was no Mexican seasoning or flavour in my meal, just lots of creamy melted cheddar cheese. The best part of my meal was the agave margarita.

5  Thank lexbox13
Reviewed March 6, 2013

really disapointing, poor service, arrived to almost empty restaurant, waited at least 20 minutes before someone served us, nothing served was fresh, all just reheated pre packaged food.

6  Thank steve w
PricklyC, Manager at The Prickly Cactus, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Hi there Steve,

We are very concerned that in our restaurant you'd have waited 20 minutes to be served. Can we ask if you had been seated in this time as our main counter is very close to the door and we generally can't miss anyone that walks in. We'd love to know more about which part of the greeting took so long so we can look closer at that.

However in regard to the food, we do use a range of fresh ingredients. In fact the reason we open at lunch is because our kitchen crew are on-site anyway preparing the food for that night. Each dish is cooked to order.

Overall we're very sorry though that you didn't enjoy your experience and hope that one day you may be tempted to drop back in where we can wow you with the service you should have received.

Thanks for the feedback,

Prickly.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Had one of the most unspicey non Mexican meals I can ever think of. Very ordinary and expensive. Service was good but that hardly makes up for the rest of it. Had the fish and prawn fajitas for around $25. Got some fishy fish stuck to the bottom of the iron dish and 5 prawns. Woohoo. I should be so lucky. My dining partner ordered the vegetarian Burrito. Alas no refried beans died for this dish as advertised. We started with high hopes - the nachos with a base of chilli con carne. We asked for it to be hot and duly received our own pot of chilli sauce with a few chopped jalapeño chillies that we poured on top which only added to the sogginess. Not good.

7  Thank SuzeeQ60
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Eight of us were squeezed in on a very busy night.Good food and service, but need to make REAL margaritas!!