“Felt like we were Invisible”

Brisbane Street Bistro
Ranked #15 of 308 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Phone No +61 (03) 6333 0888
Launceston, Australia
“Felt like we were Invisible”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Had been given glowing reports about this restaurant and it's service, entree was very good but main (eye fillet) was rubbish, have had better from coles. Service from our waiter was very poor, he was only interested in talking to female at the table and did not acknowledge me or my other guest at all, our meals did'nt matter, considering I was the one paying the bill I will not eat here again and will not recommend it to my friends.

• Visited March 2014

Launceston, Australia
“Perfectly Prepared, Intelligently thought-out.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Dropped in on a whim for dinner. My reaction is simple: professional staff and perfectly prepared food. Flavours are well balanced and set alongside a wine list that complements the food elegantly and intelligently.

This is what dining should be.

“Highly recommend ”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I had high expectations for this restaurant after it was recommend to me by several people and I was not let down. The food was amazing, the service was faultless and the atmosphere was lovely. I had the tomato tart for the entree which was so perfect and so delicious. The main I had the beef, medium done, which was cooked spot on and the cream brûlée which was one of the best I have had and trust me I have tasted a lot, they are my favourite. I can not wait to go back.

“Disappointment”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We have been going to this restaurant for celebrations but last night will be the last time we do that. When we arrived I mentioned that I had asked for the window table and it was embarrassing the loud way we were told that such requests cannot always be accommodated and then were insulted by being told that we were on a table where we could see the window. When I booked I had a discussion about the 'birthday boy' (in his seventies) having 2 hearing aids and having his back to the window reduces the number of directions from which he gets sound coming, but otherwise somewhere that he could sit in a corner or against a wall would be appreciated so that he could more easily join in the conversation. We were actually seated at the only table in the centre of the room and had an evening where conversations between three had to be occasionally repeated to my partner (a response to a whisper to me "what was that all about?"). Couples who came in after us were leaving before we got our main more than 2 hours after we arrived. Then I thought my steak was overcooked (unusual here) but half way through found out that my partner had an undercooked steak--the same person who showed us to the table in the embarrassing way had give us the wrong steaks, reversing the medium and the medium rare. On the way to the car my other two guests spent the time telling us where we should try in future.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Gweneth N
“Exceptional as always”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We went to Brisbane street bistro for a family birthday and the service, food and atmosphere were all exceptional!!
I shared the tomato tart and cured ocean trout for entree, the tart was full flavoured, simple but beautifully balanced, the trout was awesome!!
For main I had the venison which was cooked to perfection, this was accompanied by wines that were matched perfectly by the wait staff. Dessert & Sauternes were a perfect end to the night!

• Visited February 2014