“Superb food, excellent value”

Brisbane Street Bistro
Ranked #12 of 323 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Phone No +61 (03) 6333 0888
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Managed to squeeze into the Bistro on a Wednesday night with 4 friends, usually booked out which shows the popularity of the place. Food excellent - fresh and tasty. Terry Fidler, the Chef / Owner came out to see how we enjoyed the food. Nice guy.
I've been to several restaurants in Launceston over the past year, the Brisbane Street bistro is Number one!

1  Thank Bob S

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stumbled upon this while looking for a meal in the city centre on a Friday night. Excellent food! Nice atmosphere within a renovated period building which feels like you are inside someone's stylish old home. Service was okay, really should be better for this class of restaurant. It just won an award for Best Informal Dining but I would not class it as informal. Casual formal would be more accurate.

2  Thank galtons
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I had dinner here on my birthday and it was a lovely meal. We both had a hard time deciding what to order, everything sounded delicious! We both had the pork as an entree - delicious!!

Both our mains were very good, but the only thing wrong with the meal was my husband's dessert, vanilla bean creme brule. There was something off tasting about it, I took half a spoonful and gave the rest back to my husband to finish. The rhubarb ice cream that was served with it was amazing.

I ordered the cheese plate and was in heaven! The blue cheese was absolutely delicious. The only thing I wish they would have done when serving the desserts was explain what types of cheeses they were because the menu did not list them.

This was easily our best meal in Launceston, and we would definitely go back.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had a great meal here, starting with some local oysters which were some of the best I have ever had, and a main of venison which was perfectly cooked. The front of house waiter was brilliant and made it a very pleasant evening.

Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Only a few steps away from my hotel (the Mercure), the Brisbane Street Bistro proved an absolute delight.

The late 1800's exterior - set in a row if similarly attractive buildings - and warm & inviting decore reminded me of some wonderful restaurants and B&Bs in the UK. Good boding for the meal...

The onion tart entree was well cooked and nicely presented, the house selected pinot noir providing a wonderfully dry but light contrast to the sweet tartiness of the baked onion and feta cheese.

The lamb rump also proved a delightful main, with the lamb could perfectly (medium rare) and beautifully sweet.

All capped off with very attentive service and excellent coffee.

Good cause to return to this part of the world.