Mantra Charles Hotel
Peppers Seaport Hotel(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$167
$130
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Sebel Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$116
$62
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$92
  • Restaurant
Country Club Tasmania(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$128
$123
Balmoral on York(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$78
$74
Village Family Motor Inn(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$98
$95
Clarion Hotel City Park Grand(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$100
Auldington(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$96
$86
Hotels.com
Quality Hotel Colonial Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
$68
$66
Agoda.com
1,763 results
All reviewsconverted hospitalking studiolaunceston general hospitalmodern hoteladjoining roomsroom servicefree wifismall kitchenettefresh aircity centrebusiness triphotel restaurantgood sizereception staffcomfortable bedconvenient locationgreat room
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is a lovely hotel. We only stayed there 1 night, but our interconnecting room was fabulous. Price was a little more expensive than other hotels, but well worth it. Shower could have been more spacious, but overall a wonderful hotel. I knew it was a converted hospital, and wanted to see how they had transformed it, and we "LOVED IT" Will stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 186Karen
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I am so pleased I chose this hotel, thank you to all the other reviewers for helping me to decide. This is a superb hotel, clean, modern, sharp and friendly.

Has the the feeling of a top hotel on the mainland, very, very good fit out. Well done. This is the hotel I will be staying in on my future trips to Tasmania (even when i am in Hobart :-))

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Brinksmat
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The reviews and photos were accurate. Situated on top of hill overlooking Launceston. Spotless modern decor. Excellent continental breakfast.Plenty of parking bays. Stayed for two nights while touring Tasmania, and decided to spend our last night there as well and had an excellent evening meal.First time at a hotel that the kettle had a lid that you can open to fill it up. Usually you have to somehow fill the kettle in the bathroom through a small spout.

Room Tip: We stayed both times on the third floor overlooking Tasmania.Can't comment of other floors
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night only, travelled with my mum. I didn't know it was converted from hospital otherwise I would not have booked it~ I kept it to myself because I knew my mum wouldn't feel comfortable to stay in an ex hospital hotel.
PROS:
1) carpark is not much but always has spaces.
2) It's new and modern, very very clean
3) Free internet, nice~
4) There's cafe just outside the hotel
5) massive bathroom

CONS:
1) Amenities not well equipped. no tooth paste lucky I bought mine..
2) Room is not big but not too small
3) Location is not superb but if you have a car, it doesn't really matter, a few mins drive to the town centre only

I will try some other hotel before going back to Hotel Charles, it's an Ok hotel but just not sure if it deserves the top 2nd rank on the list.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ChocChipMuv
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Charles is located 2 minutes away from some decent cafes, and is a nice 10 minute stroll into the city centre past lots of interesting period homes. The staff were friendly and efficient. We had a 1 bedroom spa apartment and it was a massive size, a great bed, a functional kitchen, huge bathroom and stylish modern fittings and furnishings. We loved the orange egg chairs and the pod coffee machine especially. The hotel fitout has been well designed, all the pieces work well together, and the fittings are of high quality. Nice to stay in a modern hotel which has some bold colour choices instead of the beige and brown standard routine. The only negative was that there was a lot of noise from neighbouring rooms; we could hear the spa going above and all the bump-outs of early departures. If I was really nitpicking, the funky blind in the bedroom was a tad short in length so a strip of light streamed in, and all the blind cords are a reach to get to. But all in all, this was a really lovely hotel to stay in for a relaxing weekend in Launceston.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple