“Overpriced”

Cuisines: Seafood, Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Looking for a Saturday Night Fish and Chips meal, I was quite disappointed with the meal I received here. I come from Melbourne, and back home would expect a piece of Grilled Flake to set me back under $10. I saw on the menu board that grilled flake was 2 pieces per serving and around $20. Great I thought, not too expensive, me and my partner can have a piece each.

I was extremely disappointed when I received the grilled flake, as it was approximately 10cm in diameter - definitely not a whole fillet of flake. The flake was also quite disappointing in taste, it seemed a bit overcooked.

The potato cakes were around $2.80 or so, and whilst large, were overcooked aswell. The chips were expensive for the size received as well.

Overall, a very disappointing take away meal.

1  Thank bt91

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Fresh fish and chips the way it should be. Tasmanian fish in Tasmania the only way to go if you ask me. Great service open kitchen will be back again and again

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great fish and chips, whilst taking in the view of the activity of the Old Port of Launceston. A great place to have dinner before taking a river cruise. Had fish and chips at a great place in Hobart on a previous visit to Tasmania, but found this location to be better.

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Very very expensive for self serve fish n chips ! Also need to sell gravy for the chips, the staff just laughed at this request. Seriously nice fish n chips but the price really is shocking - not much to say

2  Thank LynneK4
Reviewed July 11, 2013

As a local family we really enjoy the food here. Though a tad expensive it's worth it for the location, the decor and the friendly atmosphere. Disappointed last night though as we found we had to hurry our meal after ordering at 7.30 pm and it arriving on the table at 7.40 pm. We were strongly encouraged to leave by 8 pm (politely offered take away packaging).

Disappointing as I had rung the night before to ask what time they closed on a Thursday and was told that as long as we got in before 8 we'd be fine. They just wait until the last customer leaves. It was a shame as we'd collected a friend's daughter from Sydney at the airport at 7 pm and had really wanted to show her the place as we know it.

We'll go again but only for lunch or very early dinner. We regularly collect visitors from our native Sydney on the 7 pm flight but we won't be heading home with any of them via the Seaport in the future (unless they come up with firm hours of business).