“Great place for live music”
Review of The Irish

The Irish
Ranked #51 of 314 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Lets start..... Haven't had the best experiences with meals but then I haven't come here to eat !!! I come for the music the service the atmosphere and the drink!!! If a gear night out listing to some if the local acts then this is for you. Great service great music and all out great night out !!

There are newer reviews for The Irish

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great pub style meals, been several times both for drinking sessions and lunchtime meals. But today was slightly disappointing, restaurant heating was too low (for my liking anyway), and 2 meals came out very late. Other then that, meals were great as usual, better then most pub meals. Will definitely return, although hoping for slightly better experience next time.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

They offer some great local ciders and beers in a cosy environment. The menu has some interesting options on it and what looked to be some good specials as well. As it was a Thursday night we went with the steak and drink for $20. I have my steak rare and it definately came out blue, which I don't mind but for people who are a bit more fussy I might go for slightly more cooked than you usually do. They were thick steaks which might have been why and the mushroom sauce was more mushroom soup than what you usually get, but all in all a good pub for a drink and something to eat.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

All 6 people at our table had a delicious meal with very well cooked meals and lovely flavours. Great value and would definitely eat there again. The venue is very pubby but had a lovely open fireplace and lots of interesting decor to keep you entertained. Would definitely recommend this place for a fantastic pub meal that's a cut well above any pub meal we've ever had before. The service was friendly and quick.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Four of us had three different meals. We were all more than happy with our choices. My chicken stuffed with camembert and sun dried tomatoes was just delicious and the potato stack and veggies were great. The seafood platter was completely devoured by two of our party and the steak and risotto went down a treat. No complaints from any of us. Would definitely go back. Would definitely recommend.